Spoilers Ultimate Lore Compendium

Thread contains spoilers about game content

Deleted member 30241

WELCOME TO THE ULTIMATE LORE COMPENDIUM!!

Since some of us are confused about the lore, ended up invading innocent threads, I decided to make this thread so we can discuss the lore, So my fellow
Muuds start land all of your question and discussion about the lore here.

Rules of this Thread:
-Only Thread related stuff.
-Go crazy all you want,as long it follows rule 1.
-This thread contains heavy game spoiler, so its not our problem if you've been spoiled by us,I gave you a warning.
-only a Muud is allowed inside this thread.
-im bored so I make this, maybe this will help, or make an apocalypse in the forum.

Now freely talk about the lore, and I will join when someone make a discussion.
Post automatically merged:    

What will we expect about the Orc Kingdom?
Can we expect heavy weapons(cannons??)
Or maybe orcs more powerful than the orcs wandering in Varsilia?
Some good axe loot? Maybe armor from orcs?
Additional lore? Additional clue about why Mercia is near the Orc Kingdom?
Maybe the Mercia is teaming with orcs to weaken Varsilia?

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Good day young sir!

How exquisite we find ourselves in such tasteful company, far from those rude simpleminded humans. They're less useful than donkeys, and half as smart! At last, you have provided us a decent location to indulge in the delights of our brilliant, superior minds without frowning at their disgusting stench. Why did our ancestors bioengineer them, I shall never understand...

As a fellow Muud gentleman, my dear Wassuplol, I must admit I am taken aghast by the legends of that slave girl, that Syllara abomination. We must discover her secret. How could she have possibly defeated gods??? She was just a human...

*Whispering to your ear*
I have a secret to share, my dear young sir... I think I might just have found Numina Stones! But shhhhh... Don't tell those pesky humans, we don't want a new god wrecking havoc again. We Muud'ari should investigate...

May I propose a new name for this marvelous new thread? "Ultimate Lore Compendium"

We could add links to navigate between your thread and my "Ultimate Challenge Compendium"!

Last edited:

Deleted member 30241

May I propose a new name for this marvelous new thread? "Ultimate Lore Compendium"
Sure, the name i make is dumb, so I will get into it.
Good day young sir!

How exquisite we find ourselves in such tasteful company, far from those rude simpleminded humans. They're less useful than donkeys, and half as smart! At last, you have provided us a decent location to indulge in the delights of our brilliant, superior minds without frowning at their disgusting stench. Why did our ancestors bioengineer them, I shall never understand...
Those humans can't talk about the lore, because they all do is hack'n'slashing monsters everyday, but we the Muuds really want all the knowledge of this unique planet with many mystery. We will sap all the possible clues why the Isle of Varannar was unique on every part of this world.

Those humans can't talk about the lore, because they all do is hack'n'slashing monsters everyday, but we the Muuds really want all the knowledge of this unique planet with many mystery. We will sap all the possible clues why the Isle of Varannar was unique on every part of this world.
But first, let's wait the others to start the discussion about this entity "Syllara" and how she obtained the powers of the Night/Abyss. Do she obtained a Numina Stone? Or she is naturally powerful?

Last edited:

Fjfgjfx

But first, let's wait the others to start the discussion about this entity "Syllara" and how she obtained the powers of the Night/Abyss. Do she obtained a Numina Stone? Or she is naturally powerful?
I think she made deal with demons or some evil stuff

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I think she made deal with demons or some evil stuff

Ah yes, indeed she has. Some story fragments speak of a pact with evil shadows from the Abyss. But Syllara did manage to imprison Nivaria under the lake, and almost killed Arbenos, crushing his chest. There's no detail about her battle with Thelum, though he was never a fighter. But I suspect Thelum the Wise might be the one who tricked and trapped the Witch Queen in the statue somehow...

So this is the object of my obsession with her. She almost defeated The Three! Gods!!! How could a simple demonic pact grant her that much power? Just how powerful are the Shadows from the Abyss? Or did she become something more...?

Maybe she found a Jedi lightsaber in the Ark...

Deleted member 30241

Can anyone check the books in Hall of Wisdom? I know that her power is naturally hers, she didn't make pact with demons as I remember.
And I don't want to excite you but in the next update this thread will be busy for full discussion about new lores. And also the next update will be expected after 10 years from now.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Ok, I've been trying to piece the EK story together for a while now. Help me out guys! What do you think? Do you have quotes from the game? Let's build a complete lore compendium!​

TOL,
THE THREE
AND THE ELEVEN

Archbishop Dilla, about The Oppalan Frontier:
"The Oppalian Frontier is nothing but an adventure novel; you've probably read it yourself. Its true value esides in its antiquity; it is a valuable source of information about the early Empire."

Their ascension occured during the Antiquity era, i.e. the early days of Andoria's Empire, approximately a millenium ago. We also know The Eleven were the first 11 emperors, which means they probably lived at the same time.

"A very inane story. Jorum and his fellow learn the legends of the Numina Stones, and their incredible powers. In the end the four of them defeated an evil wizard and recovered the stones, gaining great powers."

Jorum and his 3 friends, aka The Four - Tol, Thelum, Arbenos and Nivaria. Jorum might have been Tol's human name. But I heard a rumor that David once implied he was Thelum. Could be Arbenos for all we know.

I have no clue who is this evil wizard. But we do know about the Numina Stones. It's the source of divinity. In the Temple of The Sleepers, we learn there was unknown gods slumbering. Then came 4 human adventurers, who looted the temple. At the same time, 4 of the 5 Sleepers vanished.

The wizard Azeran tried to do steal the 5th Sleeper's Numina, but eventually couldn't control its power - and failed. So here's my guess: Jorum and his friends found the temple, defeated its guardian (an evil wizard?), looted its treasures, and each stole the Numina from a Sleeper! The 4 Sleepers ceased to exist, and The Four became gods.

"(She seems bored about the topic) Let me remember... I recall a powerful war priest, a wild sorcerer, and a gentle priest which acted as a healer. It's all very predictable and uninteresting."

We know Arbenos is a war priest, Nivaria a sorcerer, and Thelum a gentle priest. No mention of Jorum, nor Tol. Jorum being the book's main character, I'm sure Archbishop Dilla would have told us if he was one of the 3 she described... My guess is that Jorum was the 4th one, therefore Tol.

But what I find fascinating is the implications of 2 heroes being clerics! That means they received clerical powers from a god, or 2 different gods. And the only gods we know during the early empire were The Sleepers on Varannar, and The Eleven on Andoria. Could Arbenos and Thelum have been priests of the old Imperial Religion? Clerics of that faith no longer receive magical powers from their gods, which implies that they no longer exist, or fully ascended and left. But Tol confirmed The Eleven were gods like him, so they most likely had clerics, like all the others.

THE ANCIENT BUILDERS,
THE SLEEPERS,
THE TOLASSIANS,
SYLLARA

Remember how the City of the Ancients' golem spoke of a Godswar? He says his creators fled their home during the first Godswar, and came to live here on Varannar. We also learn their city predates the Empire. These Ancient Builders might have been the first human inhabitants of Varannar. They built only one - but vast - underground city, but also countless underground tombs everywhere on the continent to honor their dead. They might also be the ones who built the Temple of The Sleepers, for the 5 slumbering gods. Being the only known civilisation on Varannar at the time, I'm assuming they built it. If not, the Temple of the Sleepers' origin is shrouded in an even deeper mystery...

The First Godswar occured on Andoria during the ascension of the First of The Eleven, who eventually founded the Empire and became its first Emperor. Were The Sleeper gods of the Ancient Builders defeated by the First of The Eleven and forced to flee to Varannar with their followers to slumber?

So...

After the Godswar, during the early days of the Empire, Jorum and his friends came to Varannar, where the Ancient Builders were still building tombs. 2 members of Jorum's party were clerics worshipping one of The Eleven, one of The Sleepers, or some other unknown god. They discovered the Temple of The Sleepers, stole their Numina, and became gods. Then the civilisation of the Ancient Builders fell.

The golem says the city's inhabitants all started to die. Its halls became silent. Then, the dead started to rise... Survivors fled into the forest, and were saved by the fae, becoming the Varannari.

The Ancient Builders in their city and numerous tombs became undead worshippers of Tol: the Tolassians. They honored both the dead and the living, under Tol's gentle guidance.

Then one day, Tol and The Three had a disagreement. They realised immortality had a price, a price Tol did not want to pay. Arbenos and Nivaria became insane, Thelum argued they should all leave their bodies and ascend fully. Tol refused to abandon his humanity, so they fought. The Three defeated Tol. His Eye shattered into a million shards, his Crown broke, and he was mangled, forced to retreat into his temple and slumber for a millenium.

After Tol was gone, the Tolassians became lost. They started enslaving the Varannari, and feasting on the living. Until, one day, a young Varannari slave girl escaped, and returned with a vengeance. Syllara, Witch Queen of Orogg, had made a pact with the Shadows of the Abyss, and would be the final doom of the Tolassian Empire.

Centuries later, the Empire fell to the horrors, and survivors fled to Varannar. The colonists encountered the Witch Queen on Mount Orogg, and the Exiled Kingdoms would have been doomed if not for the intervention of The Three. They battled Syllara to save the human colonists. Syllara crushed Arbenos's chest, but eventually lost to The Three, and was imprisoned forever.

Ever since that battle, the wounded Arbenos has disappeared into the mountains, slumbering. Nivaria lost her lover, fell to madness, and now slumbers under the lake. Thelum is the only god left to walk among humans, in Ilmara.

Thelum is the only one left who knows the whole story. He is the key.

David? I would like to speak to Thelum, please!

Last edited:

Trace Da Cruz

They also built one temple above ground, the Temple of the Blue Stars, known today as the Temple of The Sleepers, for their 5 gods to slumber.
Please excuse my intrusion, Monsieur, but I felt the desire to correct you about this Fortress of the Blue Star, it happens to be the one under the Castle Storme, built by the enslaved Varannari under the orders of the Tolassians, as described in a book found in Nayau Tomb.
The Temple of the Sleepers already existed when and was looted long before this fortress was built...

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Please excuse my intrusion, Monsieur, but I felt the desire to correct you about this Fortress of the Blue Star, it happens to be the one under the Castle Storme, built by the enslaved Varannari under the orders of the Tolassians, as described in a book found in Nayau Tomb.
The Temple of the Sleepers already existed when and was looted long before this fortress was built...

Eh bien, très cher monsieur, I believe you're right! I shall demand that my secretary correct that abominable mistake at once!

I will have him punished for such a human error.

*Sounds of flogging and screaming*

Well that takes care of that! Remind me to never employ a human again. I would have been better with a goblin as secretary, haha!

Please, allow me to humbly welcome you to our Gentlemen's club, dear Trace Da Cruz. Let your fabulous Muud'ari intellect sparkle and shine in these somptuous halls!

Last edited: