Ultimate high lvl dungeon run, Abby of St Admus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordak Q

Since inquiring minds want to know, I did a run through the Abby which includes Hellish cave below it. And let me tell you, the numbers speak for themselves. But I'll let you be the judge on that.
Again, I'm lvl23 on Hard difficulty, so my findings for XP are based off my 14% XP gains.
So without further ado:

Abby of St Admus (Hellish cave)- Fögas Forrest, Central Ilmara, SW on map

Number of NPCs- 99 (76 in Abby/ 23 in cave)
Number of Traps- 12-15
Number of Chests- 11

NPCs (Abby)
Lvl15 Corrupted Saber cat- 34 (XP 167)
Lvl11 Varannari witch- 6 (XP 81)
Lvl16 Hag (aka ex girlfriend)- 4 (XP 199)
Lvl14 Fallen Hero- 20 (XP 141)
Lvl 8 Skeletons- 10 (XP 45)
Lvl 15 Death knight- 7 (XP 167)
Lvl 9 Skeletal evokers- 4 (XP 55)
Lvl 9 Skeletal Archer- 1 (XP 45)
NPCs (Hellish cave)
Lvl 12 Demon- 10 (XP 97)
Lvl 11 Fire Drake- 8 (XP 81)
Lvl 8 Flame priest- 5 (XP 45)

Total XP gained- 13500-15000
Total gold earned- 6500-7300
Total real time elapsed- 25-40min
Specific resistances needed- Death, Poison, Spirit, Fire
Best suited companion- Hirge (Cleric)

NOTES
As with most undead dungeons, don't bother bringing a weapon that has death bonuses on it. Wraiths are healed by it but as far as the other skeletal NPCs, you may not replenish their health but it gets nullified because they're already dead. Weapon of choice, permafrost great axe. Great against both Abby and cave NPCs. Corrupted saber cats hit with poison, and they hit hard. Fallen heroes stun, evokers throw death and death knights hit with it. A balanced resistance build for those 3 with AC at or above 27 is highly advisable if you're planning on running this instance with a character below lvl20. The cave obviously requires Fire resistance, all NPCs in it hit with it. The traps range in lvld from 10-22 and gave me XP 45-107 as well for an added bonus of XP at or around 700 total (some traps I picked while others picked me). The saber cat respawns give only 5xp but still do the same numbers in damage as their original counterparts that occupy the center courtyard of the Abby. I'd suggest skirting the center while clearing each room just to avoid unnecessary battles that will shave health, Mana, recoveries, and potions. The loot here is incredible for both use or sales for gold, dropping armor like traitors or primal ice.

This is a must-run dungeon for you XP farmers but as far as gold farming there are easier instances that can match the numbers this dungeon puts out.

Razorback

Thank you so much for doing the Abby. I knew it was a lot. I got 50K and hit Lvl 21 after about 6 runs.

IceArms

Loreseeker
Tordak Q, great work again! Special thanks for all the 'NOTES' info, it's very helpful!

Tordak Q

IceArms":135qq2kn said:
Tordak Q, great work again! Special thanks for all the 'NOTES' info, it's very helpful!

No problem at all. The NOTES are a mix of tips and insights to help navigate the dungeon easier. Glad it helped.

0rion79

Really useful, although grinding is boring.

BTW; since when corrupted sabercats deal poison damage? I have always registered DEATH damage! And how are you supposed to properly equip your main character then?

ZeroesHero

0rion79":1q9zc5ke said:
BTW; since when corrupted sabercats deal poison damage? I have always registered DEATH damage!

Same here. Never saw poison damage from sabercats, corrupted or otherwise.

Kurdent

Translator
So this dungeon isnt really worth for grinding.
I just did 10 runs on mercian royal crypt with a lvl 14 war on hard difficulty :
Xp per run : 5k. (9% xp)
Gold : min : 5.5k. Max 16.8k average 7900k.
Pots used in gold : 1040-1840.
Time : 6min05 - 8min12. Average 6min48

I clean all rooms except necromancer one. I don't disarm any traps, I bring Adeon on passive mode to spot them (main reason I use hp pots).

Hisoka Approves

Loreseeker
Kurdent":odp0ln3t said:
I don't disarm any traps, I bring Adeon on passive mode to spot them (main reason I use hp pots).

One thing you might be able to do is being Adeon, give him a good bow and make him attack on sight. Then you can have him draw aggro easily, lowering money on pots and decreasing clear time. That is if you can wait on his respawns for him to spot traps.

Kurdent

Translator
He is an archer but I only use him on bosses or to pull mobs when I don't want to aoe.
If he is not on passive mode, he is going to split mobs, make them reset or dying, which cost me a lot of time vs trash mobs. He is only good for single target dps.

He doesn't need to be alive to spot traps btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.