Spoilers Ultimate Challenge Compendium

Thread contains spoilers about game content

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Newest challenge!
Play as a smug young heir to a noble house, with a profound disdain for commoners, peasants and filthy places. Prove your honor to your father by bringing back home a fabulous treasure - while staying impeccable. So fresh and so clean!

EK Constraint Challenge
'Childe Challenge'
By Molokot

Molokot

Better watch David Lynch dune,and even better read those 6 books. New movies are realy poor in all ways, political corectness included (like doctor Kynes is black female) And those books are kinda dificult to change into movies, would require realy high investment on scale of game of throness.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Better watch David Lynch dune,and even better read those 6 books. New movies are realy poor in all ways, political corectness included (like doctor Kynes is black female) And those books are kinda dificult to change into movies, would require realy high investment on scale of game of throness.

I agree Dune is probably the most difficult book series to make into a movie ever! I've been a fanatic about the books since I was a teen. But the Lynch movie was... special loll. I liked it a lot when I was young, but after reading the books, I was mad at Lynch for all the absurd changes he made, it wasn't Dune at all...

The new movie looks perfect, well as perfect a movie can get. I don't mind Kynes being a black woman at all, the character's gender is irrelevant to the story, and skin colors are literally never mentionned in the books, except for a few "olive skinned" characters, whatever that means lol. Frank Herbert was a great feminist, and Dune is a feminist series, so I think it's nice Villeneuve made Kynes a woman.

Plus, the director Denis Villeneuve is a guy from my town!!! He's been well known here for ages. He's awesome. :)

Molokot

Hmm but... "new movie" is just a copy of Lynch script, just made in worse way, it covers like maybe 20% of story from first book. It was also my most favorite book series when i was teenager , but i definietly cant agree that it is feminist. It is a story about reaching potential. And its a pity that autor died before finishing it, but still last one is quite optimistic. And changing characteristics of Important personas based on political corectess isnt nice at all, no matter how you would look at it.Personaly i cant stand it and such moves downgrade rating of anything by 80%.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Oh, I really liked the old movie, and the desert is Samalayuca, in Chihuahua, south of Juarez, where I'm from...

Too bad I can't seem to find the books over here, internet is not an option,

The Lynch movie was filmed where you're from? Wow so cool! Where I live we have deserts of snow in the winter lolll

Is internet limited where you live? I'm sure finding the ebooks or audiobooks would be easy. If you'd like I could find it and send it to you.

Last edited: