Troll regeneration (massive criticals immunity)

Vaaclav

Translator
I have nothing against troll regeneration - even if it is very bothering if troll will do this twice or more before you really kill him.

But problem is elsewhere - I use massive criticals (and currently I try to achieve lvl 16 to increase massive criticals' level to max, to have 50% chance to kill enemy) and trolls begin regenerate even after massive critical appear above enemy.

Of course, in skill description is written that some creatures may be immune - but when any creature is immune, that it should be written when I accidently use massive criticals to kill any enemy ...

:arrow:

So ... I am not sure if this belongs more to feedback thread, or to support thread (if trolls should die after massive criticals at all - and the\ don't do that - as I wrote above).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Vaaclav":208s2iad said:
I have nothing against troll regeneration - even if it is very bothering if troll will do this twice or more before you really kill him.

But problem is elsewhere - I use massive criticals (and currently I try to achieve lvl 16 to increase massive criticals' level to max, to have 50% chance to kill enemy) and trolls begin regenerate even after massive critical appear above enemy.

Of course, in skill description is written that some creatures may be immune - but when any creature is immune, that it should be written when I accidently use massive criticals to kill any enemy ...

:arrow:

So ... I am not sure if this belongs more to feedback thread, or to support thread (if trolls should die after massive criticals at all - and the\ don't do that - as I wrote above).

They shouldn't die to massive crits, because you can't kill a trol by hurting his vitals. Moved to feedback.

Vaaclav

Translator
DavidBVal":2f3xhk6f said:
They shouldn't die to massive crits, because you can't kill a trol by hurting his vitals. Moved to feedback.
When troll cannot die for hurting his vitals, what kills him? It sounds like a nonsense, a bit - to kill someone without hurting his vitals.

ClockworkGhost

Vaaclav":3dp4b2uz said:
DavidBVal":3dp4b2uz said:
When troll cannot die for hurting his vitals, what kills him? It sounds like a nonsense, a bit - to kill someone without hurting his vitals.

Ever since the most ancient of tomes, the days of silver daggers killing werewolves, but pianos dropped from orbit only scratching them, trolls have been killed by one thing and one thing only. It's an element - there's four of them :) experiment with weapon damage modifier types :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Vaaclav":rxta35i6 said:
DavidBVal":rxta35i6 said:

EK trolls are an animated mass of cursed flesh. They take a hominid form and employ weapons, even mimic other hominids' behavior, and develope sense of sight and smell. But cutting though them, you won't find organs or even bones, just more green, dense flesh, similar to frozen meat in hardness. As soon as it's damaged, it begins to regrow and melts together again.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
DavidBVal":wpu49wu2 said:
Vaaclav":wpu49wu2 said:
DavidBVal":wpu49wu2 said:

EK trolls are an animated mass of cursed flesh. They take a hominid form and employ weapons, even mimic other hominids' behavior, and develope sense of sight and smell. But cutting though them, you won't find organs or even bones, just more green, dense flesh, similar to frozen meat in hardness. As soon as it's damaged, it begins to regrow and melts together again.

Thanks for the Lore... **copies the text and runs to the wiki to get it on there before he forgets** Can be cleaned up later... But info now...

Vaaclav

Translator
DavidBVal":qteorcs2 said:
Thanks. So, another type of trolls.

ClockworkGhost":qteorcs2 said:
Ever since the most ancient of tomes, the days of silver daggers killing werewolves, but pianos dropped from orbit only scratching them, trolls have been killed by one thing and one thing only. It's an element - there's four of them :) experiment with weapon damage modifier types :)
I count elemental damage as part of damage and not as a different way of attack (unless it would be fire ball or lightning or so).

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Aalandryll":lk4qywmb said:
DavidBVal":lk4qywmb said:
Vaaclav":lk4qywmb said:

Thanks for the Lore... **copies the text and runs to the wiki to get it on there before he forgets** Can be cleaned up later... But info now...

On the wiki... and David if you have a character name you prefer to use, please let me know... Currently attributed to LoreMaster DavidBVal...

Vaaclav

Translator
But back to original idea: to tell a player (in battle log), if encounter is (or not) immune (or if resisted) to (not only) massive criticals at moment of fight.

At least partly it was already implemented, as I saw in last versions ... but I had not a chance to test if also imunity to massive criticals is announced.