Triggering latest quests?

Cuckoorex

OK, so I know the latest update is supposed to have companion quests and some new areas. Awesome! But I went to Port Malan and no one there had anything to say. I usually travel with Hirge but sent her away and got Gris back so I could hopefully do her quest. Had about 6 road encounters (4 of them Trolls, two of them Orc Warbands) and nothing. Rested 12 hours several times between road encounters. Nothing. Went to the Heart of Korne, killed the King monster, there's obviously some things in the cave that I can't access without a quest triggered, so I decided to switch to Adaon to see if I could trigger HIS quest. THEN I run into the messenger on the road with a message for Gris. GAH!

RougeRogue

It's like all RNG; frustrating.

I found Gris' encounter within 30 seconds of walking down a road, but Adons took me two circuits of the roads around varsillia until it triggered.

It was worth the wait though. Gris' in particular is really enjoyable. Adons is more about the world, lore wise.

VDX_360

Staff member
Keep in mind that the quests will have a much better chance of triggering in seamless manner for a new game, rather than a game that has already completed most content (and thus has little need to be out walking around).

Cuckoorex

VDX_360":36wovmya said:
Keep in mind that the quests will have a much better chance of triggering in seamless manner for a new game, rather than a game that has already completed most content (and thus has little need to be out walking around).

Ah, I walk about doing rumor boss quests anyway. Plus I had TWO Orc Warbands attack me on the same map within 20 paces of each other. No danger of me lazing about the house.

So I finished the Hirge and Gris quest, now on to Adaon!

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Guys read it carefully its just a faster way to get the quest....

Go to kingsbridge... through southern bleumist river...

Once your on your way to kingsbridge you always get a suprise encounter just before you arrive at kings bridge....

Well if its not the blue wizard ( that gives the adaon quest ) ( or a money bagging old men ).

Just go back to kingsbridge and sleep 12 hrs and return and voila theres another encounter ( this is differend everytime... just continue untill your getting the quest... ( its a speed way to get encounters. )

Goodluck to you all...