Trait Respec losing HP?

ajay

Take a look at my thread Min/Maxing a Rogue. STR gets to be more beneficial than AGI when approaching 10 points per trait. It also gives you HP when you have Body Improvement II. If I were to go with STR 3 and AGI 10 I lose out on 4.2 DPS over 5 STR and 9 AGI. STR is secondary to AGI, but finding the breakeven to maximize DPS, AC, HP and softskills for quests requires investing in more traits than AGI and END.

I think my screenshots reflect optimal traits, gear and skills. There are even two free advanced skills you can chose from, 3 is you drop bloodlust which is only good for trash clearing.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Anybody know a good shock weapon that is light?

Another option, if you do not want to keep switching weapons (except for Trolls & Loup Garou), is to get Spirit damage. Almost nothing resists it so it's a good all-rounder. So that would mean looking to Sonnet, Spirit Breaker, and the Silver Bow of Malan.

Obsessively picking weapons that hit elemental vulnerabilities would be more fun if there was any rhyme-or-reason to much/most of the elemental resistances or vulnerabilities but they appear to be all over the shop and it breaks immersion to keep using the Wiki in play. (But that's a discussion for another day).

ajay

I would say Adamantite Shortsword 9-14 is probably the best raw dph/dps rogue weapon because there is no elemental damage to resist imo. I don't have the maths to back it up. The +6 to demons and outsiders is icing on the cake.

Also, use your a couple of your quick slots for weapon switching. It's get for pulling and matching elemental damages to mobs is your face.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
But armor and shields resists non-elemental damage, that's why elemental damage can be so useful.

ajay

But armor and shields resists non-elemental damage, that's why elemental damage can be so useful.

I should have clarified I was addressing your desire to not constantly switch weapons to match mobs weaknesses with the suggestion of the Adamantite Shortsword. I do agree that elemental damage is crucial for bypassing armor.

Cerrates

Thanks guys! These are really helpful. I've been mostly switching between Troll Cleaver, Icicle, and Magma Shortsword (mostly for Trolls) since respecing, but I will look into digging up those other weapons as well. And good notes on STR. I still keep Phantom Longsword in my back pocket as well.
I currently have Adaon on the Silver Bow of Malan. Don't know if double-rogueing is ideal, but I'm going melee rogue and I've got him speced for archer and so far it's working nicely.