Cerrates

Hello guys! New to the forum but I'm currently playing a level 16 rogue with:
4 strength
4 endurance
2 agility
4 intelligence
1 awareness
2 personally

I am trying to respec my traits because I realised I nerfed my agility as a rogue and want to learn flurry. BUT, I am currently at 406 HP, and when I Respec, my HP drops over 100 points! I tested this by choosing exactly the same trait stats when respecing. Just put them all right back where they were, and still after respec my HP are 294! All the same items/armor no changes.
Is this a glitch of some kind? It's making me not want to respec and just stick it out and build agility naturally from leveling but if I do that it will take me forever to get flurry -_-

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello, there's no known glitch about this and the respec system has been around for a long time, so probably it has an explanation. Can you please share some unequipped screenshots before respeccing, after reset traits, and after assigning again the traits? thanks

Cerrates

Woah ok so I think I see it but I don't know why it is happening. When I choose to respec traits, it is also undoing my body development advanced skill. I did not choose to forget advanced skills, and it is only taking that one, it's not touching my assassinate skill. Is this normal and is there a reason for this?
I can just buy it back to fix it, but it seems odd?

Screenshot_20200831-024320.md.png

Screenshot_20200831-024416.md.png

Screenshot_20200831-024504.md.png

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's taking the skill because you no longer meet the prerequisites from it, once you raise it you can learn it again and you should get the same hp.

Cerrates

Ahhh I see it! Because it requires 4 END. Wow ok sorry for being blind. 😆
Also, thank you so much for brainstorming that with me! I honestly have to say having the developer respond to stuff like this makes me love and respect this game 100x more. EK already had my "top mobile game" vote, and now you've got my "top mobile developer" vote as well.
Thank you for creating such an awesome game and being awesome. I will be keeping an eye out for your new work!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Ahhh I see it! Because it requires 4 END. Wow ok sorry for being blind. 😆
Also, thank you so much for brainstorming that with me! I honestly have to say having the developer respond to stuff like this makes me love and respect this game 100x more. EK already had my "top mobile game" vote, and now you've got my "top mobile developer" vote as well.
Thank you for creating such an awesome game and being awesome. I will be keeping an eye out for your new work!

Actually this is more fun that writing code, but thanks :cool:

BOSTACH

Wow my friend why the 4 strength, massive criticals? Which needs 3 if i remember correctly, strength is not that useful for rogues

VDX_360

Staff member
If you read the original post, the person realized he "nerfed" agility, hence the re-spec that resulted in a drop in HP.

Most players go with an agility Rogue as that gives the best damage bonus for light weapons and helps get Flurry.

Cerrates

Wow my friend why the 4 strength, massive criticals? Which needs 3 if i remember correctly, strength is not that useful for rogues
I had been using Phantom Longsword (not a light weapon) on a lot of quests because few enemies have shock resist, so strength gave DPS for that weapon.
Anybody know a good shock weapon that is light?

VDX_360

Staff member
Take this. It's dangerous to go alone. The Equipment section can help you.

The Lightning Falchion is a pretty decent shock weapon pre-Arc but it requires stamping out a certain thief (and missing out on the bank robbery).
The arc has the best shock light weapon in the game.

You might find your effective damage output go up if you leans towards being a light weapon Rogue and switch between 2 or 3 weapon types that have element damage your enemies are weak against. Poison and Death are often the higher DPS weapons for Rogues. Shock is good against ghosts so it's nice to either have one as a back-up in crypts, or have your companion be equipped.