Townhall quests?

Thambry

What level do you suggest to be to start the townhall quests?
And: it typically says that the item is to be found "at an unknown location"...are the items generally easy to find if you search every area?

I want to start those quest only if I am sure that I can finish most as there are max 84 (or so) of them ...

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Thambry":e3a2t6e2 said:
And: it typically says that the item is to be found "at an unknown location"...are the items generally easy to find if you search every area?

I want to start those quest only if I am sure that I can finish most as there are max 84 (or so) of them ...

More will be added, they will be broken into factional based, and I suggest doing them in locations where you need the reputation boost...

Loreseeker Note: If you have been to every area on the map, all the dungeons, and cities... and still do not know where to go... Sometimes, drinking really is the solution to your problems...

RPGuru#32

Thambry":36p5e9b5 said:

I think the main restriction in doing the quests are two fold.

One: you really need to be able to hold your own against several monsters of your level or one greater pretty consistently. So you will need to have a companion and yourself decently equipped and have done a handful of the starting quests. I would say if you can take out the goblin mines with the boss at the end you should be ready.

Two: In order to learn where to go you need to have your gossip level up high enough to learn where to go before the time limit runs out. With skills and items i have mine at about 33% but i think 25% is a decent start. You can always save your game right after you take the quest then if you fail the gossip check reload, that works ok until you get a better gossip score. I hope this helps...

On a side note
It always helps to spread out your skills and take a few levels in gossip or dungeoneering in the beginning. You will need them to find secrets in dungeons ans help with gossip. You can always redo your skills once you join a guild for a very reasonable cost.that way you will see the traps before you die and gossip well until you get a few of the pieces of eq that will help you with those essential skills.

Ziggprith

Translator
If your level is above 15, then I recommend you townhall quests. Since the levels of guardians and quest mobs are adjusted to your current level, It gives you quite much EXP, including extra gold and EXP from townhall.

RPGuru#32

Ziggprith":3vvz6gwq said:
If your level is above 15, then I recommend you townhall quests. Since the levels of guardians and quest mobs are adjusted to your current level, It gives you quite much EXP, including extra gold and EXP from townhall.

A very good point. But level isnt the only factor. If your gossip is high enough say with a cleric with a high personality you could try them earlier. Just keep in mind the monsters you will face will be scaled to your level. Also i am not sure if you fail to finish the TH quest is it never able to be completed??

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
RPGuru#32":2w8ybz91 said:
Ziggprith":2w8ybz91 said:

A very good point. But level isnt the only factor. If your gossip is high enough say with a cleric with a high personality you could try them earlier. Just keep in mind the monsters you will face will be scaled to your level. Also i am not sure if you fail to finish the TH quest is it never able to be completed??

if you fail it, you can do it in the future. but you get a rep penalty sometimes.

Thambry

cool, thanks for the input...then I will wait until I am level 15. Then I probably have best gear and tons of potions (plus some perception). Then I should be in best shape to start the TH quests :)

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
Thambry":27ilgkd4 said:
cool, thanks for the input...then I will wait until I am level 15. Then I probably have best gear and tons of potions (plus some perception). Then I should be in best shape to start the TH quests :)

Mind you based on notes David has poated, the next build will drastically change town hall quests.

They become faction specific, more addedicated for other groups, and they xp and reward will level cap based on what it is...

That is scheduled for next release

Mr.Suspense

Loreseeker
Aalandryll":88yf26mk said:
Mind you based on notes David has poated, the next build will drastically change town hall quests.

They become faction specific, more addedicated for other groups, and they xp and reward will level cap based on what it is...

so we should complete as many as possible before the update or the other way?
(i know there will b increase in number also)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Mr.Suspense":371t6d2f said:
Aalandryll":371t6d2f said:

so we should complete as many as possible before the update or the other way?
(i know there will b increase in number also)

They will give more XP after the update.

the only possible advantage now vs after is that now it's very easy to rise Mercia and Ilmara reps, but that's how it will be supposed to be.