Townhall Quests- Help Needed!!! **Possible Spoilers**

Kuratha

Staff member
Heya all! :lol:

I'm trying to put together a comprehensive table regarding all things townhall quests. Per Kingdom, you'll be able to click a couple of buttons and it'll slice away everything we don't need. I've gotten a pretty good chunk of it done but I'd like to get your help in completing (and verifying) everything I've done so far.

Basically there will be a couple of table with some toggles that will let you search for specific townhall quests giving you an idea of: who, what, where, and when. We have the Varsilia, Ilmara, and Mercia Kingdoms (so far :D). But it's still a lot we've been gifted with exploring.

This table will include: titles, names, instances, kingdoms, area, place/locations, guardians, lvs, duration, rewards, and possibly one or two more things.

I'm intending this to be a kinda end-game challenge tool where one can pick up 2-3 quests from several townhalls and challenge themself to run through and knock out multiple quests at once without any extra items or resting at inns. Or if you simply want some help at some possible locations.

As there are tons of different possibilities this your experiences will help sort the information in the tables into different instances.

Now what need from you is your experiences (as complete and accurate as you can get) with townhall quests.

List (with a single example):
1) What you did? (either recover lost item or collected bounty) (e.g Goblin Beastmaster Grick)
1.5) Duration of quest? (e.g. 4 days)
2) Which Kingdom and area did you find the objective at? (e.g Northern Varsilia/South Sagar Forest)
3) The place and approximate location? (e.g. NE of wizard tower/the camp surrounded by trees)
4) The type of Guardians and their lvs? (e.g. 5x Guardian Wolf/lv 6)
4.5) The level of the Bounty? (e.g. Beastmaster Grick, lv8)
5) Your level? (e.g. lv 6)
6) Rewards? (e.g. X gold/X total experience (self only)/any extra rewards)

Let's do this~!

VDX_360

Staff member
It's my understanding that Town Hall Quests are randomly generated so at best you could create a pool of known names, locations, types and rewards. Since it's random, who and what for you is likely not the same as the who or what for someone else.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Just one suggestion, when speaking about rewards, we can also talk about penalties. In each case we can save just before completing THQ and see both results.

Kuratha

Staff member
VDX_360":swfttwrm said:
It's my understanding that Town Hall Quests are randomly generated so at best you could create a pool of known names, locations, types and rewards. Since it's random, who and what for you is likely not the same as the who or what for someone else.
You are correct. They are randomly generated but there are constraints as to where they can be generated. I'm a numbers and stats girl.
I've noticed two important consistencies: most maps tend to have 3 places in which the townhall quest objective (TQO) spawn, most types of TQO's tend to spawn in certain locations consistently based on its type.

The table tool is pretty cool so far considering how incomplete it is.
--Bounty-type objectives tend to have only 1-2 different spawns on each of 2 maps.
--Recover objectives are much trickier because they seem to spawn in any container, including as drops. These objectives tend to have 3-6 different spawns across 3 maps.

I usually pick up 2-4 quests from each Townhall within a Kingdom focusing on the ones I know will be easier/quicker, basically creating a route. Because I've done the quests so many times I have a general idea or where to find each TQO based on type and consequently complete 10 or quests every 3 days.

Alan_SP":swfttwrm said:
Just one suggestion, when speaking about rewards, we can also talk about penalties. In each case we can save just before completing THQ and see both results.
Most of the time the penalty is a hit to reputation. I haven't tested this widely and could use help to figure out otherwise.

I recently bumped my rep up enough to buy the Nivarian House. I was wondering if I put items in the house, then lower my rep beneath the 40 min mark, would I lose the house? and the items inside? And then once I recovered my rep, would I need to buy the house again? if not, are my items still inside?
Oh the fun~! :)

VDX_360

Staff member
theseriousone23":26zlwdja said:
... would I lose the house? and the items inside?
No? It's been awhile since I test that particular issue, but once a house is yours, it's yours, even with a negative rep for the area (which is pretty hard to get negative rep for a town). Guards may attack you, but the house is yours. It might be worth testing again now that there's been a few updates.

VDX_360

Staff member
There are a few item recovery Town Hall Quests that have a distance between the item and the special enemy type Guardians (item in one room, Guardians in different part of the area). A few have been reported but it seems like there are a few out there. Not sure where the kink is in the system that causes it, but your list might end up running them all down.

VDX_360

Staff member
theseriousone23":zo3k5r1z said:
They are randomly generated but there are constraints as to where they can be generated.
Yep. Same with Rumor Bosses. The exact numbers aren't released, but there appears to be a weighted chance for the areas (not all spots have equal chance). Appears, so far from conclusive. I tried looking at the game code to figure it out, than I remembered I'm not a programmer, can't read code and physically taking my device apart wasn't helping me locate the game code. (On that note, I put my device back together and have a few left over wires and screws, so yeah, looking at the game code is not like looking at a sink, who knew).