Town quests

Azog

This thread is more some kind of sugesstion for the future content, but it is according to the actual balancing of the town quests.

Actually town quests arent really necessary, since you can rise all needed reputation by doing the normal quests. Surely in future town quests will be more important.

With the actual balancing it is possible, that you choose a way where your gossip is just low. In my case there is a main char warrior build and Grissenda as my companion, and i didnt waste trait points just for more gossip. Thanks to Grissenda i got at least 5% gossip (8% with the cap), and getting all the informations for a town quest isnt fun this way. With this low gossip it happens regularily, that either you spend alot gold due to sleeping several times at the inn (for gossipping again until you get eventually the info), or thanks to sleeping too often at the inn the time to complete the quest just runs out, wich ends with lower reputation.

Of course you could say that i just have to spend some points for more gossip, but with some builds this just would be a waste of important trait points, since the only reward i would get throug higher gossip is, that i can play town quests in a "normal" way.

RPGuru#32

As my main is a rogue, and i as a player tend to like and "flesh out" my characters i really have not found any trouble with this. I at level 16 imho have a pretty balanced archer rogue. Mind you ive been playing RPG games since i was seven yrs old and my clue to my age is that the colour of the D&D book was all blue and soft covered... I guess my point is an rpg environment isnt just about getting the best gear and having the best skill set. Its about a story, and if you are interested in learning all of them you have to make a few sacrifices, be that an extra int or per point instead of str or agi, or missing a couple skill points and having to wait a few more to get that attack maxed. Just my opinion. Which really means zip, but meh i love the game and i love the possibilities.

Azog

Ah, this thread lives again, never really lived before. :) Since the first post there has been a lot of improvement so from my side it's actually ok with the town quests.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Comm4nder":17j4jgdg said:
Ah, this thread lives again, never really lived before. :) Since the first post there has been a lot of improvement so from my side it's actually ok with the town quests.

actually, on next update, each kingdom will have a separate pool of quests. Still not as varied as I planned originally, but everything will come.

ClockworkGhost

I haven't done many of the town hall quests because I don't want to run the risk of my reputation going down. I've done a couple, but mostly I've been doing all the story quests, I'm tooling up for the bandits south of Freetown now

I can get down the entrance tunnel through the hail of arrows, usually losing Grissenda, though I've got her in Legion armour now, and might have to change the Vulcan Maul for some top quality shield and a single handed weapon.

RPGuru#32

Im not sure how it would work but if you are playing warrior maybe use rogue as companion for archery or use a bow. That room is the easiest with my rogue. Just have to be patient and kill em slow.

ClockworkGhost

RPGuru#32":3gob9ird said:
Im not sure how it would work but if you are playing warrior maybe use rogue as companion for archery or use a bow. That room is the easiest with my rogue. Just have to be patient and kill em slow.

Thanks mate :) I might use a bow myself and go ninja 300 lb wall of muscle in Legion armour through it :) I was so happy I'd managed to get Cruelty that I was using it everywhere, it hadnt crossed my mind to use ranged weapons. I'll get one for Grissenda too, that rogue NPC Aaidon (or whatever his name was) I stripped completely of gear before I told him to leave and took Grissenda, and I can't be arsed arming him with everything he would need.