Town Hall quest - target not showing up right away?

Cuckoorex

I recently took on a bunch of Town Hall quests; kind of challenging myself to get multiple ones done in a round trip, but of course I need to know where the targets are first. So I listen for rumors and one of my targets was in "New Garand Farmlands" but didn't specify where. I figure, OK, there are a few places that TH targets usually hang out, I'll check those out and save some rumor-listening time. I head up to the area north of the farms by the river, but there are just the standard foes there. I kill them and head around everywhere else on the map, and my target isn't around. I go back to the city and listen for more rumors, and NOW it tells me that the target is in New Garand Farmlands, north of the city by the river... in other words, exactly where I first looked for him!

So does this mean that TH targets don't spawn in a particular location unless you've heard a rumor with enough detail, or was this a glitch?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Nope, it spawns with the quest.

I save after getting the TH quests, and if missed I reloaded the game and solve this with the knowledge I get before, no problem.

For example, rumor bosses spawn without any gossip. Met them several times accidentally without any rumors. Same goes for TH quests

PS: moved to general, it's not a bug

JarrenDrahn

I had a town hall quest before in troll fens where it wasn't anywhere to be found. I reloaded and headed back to the exact same spot it was supposed to be but this time it had spawned for some reason.

p4ran0id

Staff member
JarrenDrahn":1hr53mwp said:
I had a town hall quest before in troll fens where it wasn't anywhere to be found. I reloaded and headed back to the exact same spot it was supposed to be but this time it had spawned for some reason.
OK that's strange. Never suffered something like that. I'll quote David here, maybe it is a bug (still don't think so)