Titan quest similar to EK?

Mon

Hello again, I've been seeing this game called Titan quest. Is anyone here able to play the game and is it similar gameplay for EK? It cost around 7-10$, I forgot so I wasn't able to try. If anyone played it before let me hear your though if it's worth playing.

RougeRogue

I've been playing it recently, and its a hack and slash loot grind with character building as the main focus. The graphics are very pretty and the story is ok. It doesnt have the characters or humour of Exiled Kingdom.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Titan Quest is fantastic, but it is slightly different: a linear game with generated loot. Get the "Legendary" version if you can afford it. IMO it's better than Diablo that inspired it.

EK is more like a scaled-down Baldur's Gate but with some Diablo/Titan Quest 'feel' to some of the combat. As RR says you won't get the stories, characters, humour, or freedom. But it's a beautiful game in its own right and it is a joy to play.

Mon

Cool, I would definitely get the game. That is when I get tired of playing EK and decided to take a break. When will it happen? Who knows...

Molokot

It isnt similiar. titan quest is just another version of Fate.Its just mindless and boring mouse clicking .
If you want to play Arpg then try grim down or sacred gold 1. Maybe they arent especialy amazing but still way better than titan quest.
And sacred gold 1 is quite unique because its only arpg where archer is best character to play.

Last edited:

DarthTomServo

It isnt similiar. titan quest is just another version of Fate.Its just mindless and boring mouse clicking .
If you want to play Arpg then try grim down or sacred gold 1. Maybe they arent especialy amazing but still way better than titan quest.
And sacred gold 1 is quite unique because its only arpg where archer is best character to play.
Sacred Gold is a great recommendation. Loved that game back in the day. I don't remember the story, but there was plenty to do. Loot system was laced with unique, legendary items. No shortage of side quests and exploration.

Actually downloaded it a few days ago to revisit. I'll admit it hasn't aged as well as I was hoping, but this community would probably get past that pretty quick.

Playing the battlemage on there was a blast. Dragons were fun to fight as well.

Dang ... might get serious and jump back in for a real play through.

Molokot

You can also try Victor Vran , it is more of a shooter ,because 2 pistols is best weapon setup, but its fun to play.
Unfortunately nowadays people who made games have 0 imagination and skills and those so called main stream games tend to be more like interactive moovies or books than games, and are not worth spending even 15 min of them ,despite 10s or even 100s of gb of graphics added to them.

Piumo

I suggest you the original Diablo (not Diablo 2 and HELL NOT Diablo 3). Do not use mods to upscale the resolution, it will ruin the experience. It is grim, slow paced, very easily to die. have to walk slowly, a lot of lore. One of the best ARPG up to now and quite hard. if you die, you lose your equipment and may not being able to take it back!!

Diablo 2 is a great ARPG and the community online is still vivid but it is a different typer of game (similar to Titan Quest)

Diablo 3 is just a button masher, so easy a toddler can play it and boring after 10 minutes...

Xris

I loved Titan Questl. It is not nearly as complex as Exiled Kingdoms and goes a lot faster. My favourite is till Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and
chronicles of M & M for a quick break. I have been playing Exiled Kingdoms for months and without the Wiki How to's I wouldnt get anywhere. I took me months to realize I could update traits also. This game is truely complicated and challenging and I really enjoy it even if it is frustrating at times.

Molokot

Yes it isnt very intuitive at all. I.e. I doubt even 1 % of players figured out themselves how to unlock barrier in ashen minotaurs temple.
But after you get used to it it is realy fun to play and has great replayabilty value.