Titan quest similar to EK?

SlothPrince

Yes it isnt very intuitive at all. I.e. I doubt even 1 % of players figured out themselves how to unlock barrier in ashen minotaurs temple.
But after you get used to it it is realy fun to play and has great replayabilty value.
My first time through I never even realized what all was in the wiki. Went through with a warrior and then a cleric never looking at the wiki.

Also didn't have a wiki for the new content updates. Figured out all quests, secrets, and traps on my own. This is a great game to explore.

Molokot

Then play mage now, and if you want hard mode then rogue. Just i personaly had little fun withh that guy, he can be archer and then he is much weaker ranged shooter than mage , or can be melee dps, but then he has many active skills that he simply has to use and it is complicated. I guess its for people who like to press a lot of buttons often.

Addisyn Atkinson

It's a little bit similar, Titan Quest was a fantastic experience for me. Despite the fact that this was some years ago and I haven't played it in years, It starts off quite entertaining, and if you don't like it in the beginning, you won't enjoy it for the remainder of the game.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Titan Quest is a good quality, pure hack and slash. Linear, simple, short. Beautiful graphics and music. Basic, decent story to support the action, but no storytelling beyond that. Characters are superficial and generic. No real replay value in my opinion, which is arguably EK's greatest strength.

But I prefer non-linear, in-depth story and character development, which is lacking in Titan Quest. But it's perfect if you want "more bashing, less talking".

My favorite game of all times was PLANESCAPE: TORMENT (PC, 2000). It was the absolute opposite to a hack & slash though loll. A profound story-driven RPG, an extremely hard, puzzling and philosophically traumatizing pondering of life, mortality, and morality, set at the crossroads of an infinity of worlds and their afterlife.

You start the game waking up in a morgue, amnesiac and nameless, tragically incapable of dying... You paradoxically search for your lost mortality, and for an answer to the question that obsesses you to no end: "What can change the nature of a man?" Existential dread at its finest.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
No real replay value in my opinion, which is arguably EK's greatest strength.

The replay value, such as it is, is to experiment with different Mastery combinations, and they make a real gameplay difference; but most importantly is (basically) NewGame+ mode with high-level opponents and masses of Legendary equipment everywhere.

Whatever your first playthrough was like, your second will be EPIC.

ArdorreanThief

This game reminds me wayy more of the Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights series than an action RPG like Diablo or Titan Quest. There's actual roleplaying you can do and actual dialogue, which just doesn't exist in the ARPG genre usually. Most dialogue in ARPGs are walls of text exposition with only one available response.