Tips for starting iron man

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Fair enough. I've wondered about mechanisms for integrity in leaderboards but none of the mechanisms I came up with would be suitable for a long-form RPG.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I wouldn't use the word unethical since you didn't do anything bad. But it wouldn't be a real Iron Man run.

Yes, agree.

EK is not an online game, so using cheats or backup for Ironman will only effect yourself.

But for everyone who want to use backups:

You will destroy the whole fun for yourself, best thing about Ironman is the thrill, take it away and you have a complicated hard mode. Enemies will be same, but you will loose the feeling that you can die every second since you have a backup. You only destroy your own experience that way 😉

Last edited:

p4ran0id

Staff member
Fair enough. I've wondered about mechanisms for integrity in leaderboards but none of the mechanisms I came up with would be suitable for a long-form RPG.

Leaderboard is kind of useless. I found out that I became Nr 1 after finishing the game, was kind of funny, I didn't know before that there is something like that. I only played to get a 100% Ironman run and unweakened undermother nearly killed me because of a stupid mistake (was saved by ankh)

The fun was to play the game, not the leaderboard. I realized it after someone mentioned it in discord channel

p4ran0id

Staff member
Originally I wanted to get lvl 100 with my Ironman mage, but after weeks of grinding for lvl 28 I dropped the game for few months, it's just too annoying.

I didn't die, but it took too much just to get lvl 28