Thoughts on running archer without companions

Mvollmers

Just looking for some suggestions. After winning at hard cleric and hard 2H tank warrior, I thought I’d try an archer rouge. But to make it more interesting, I thought I’d go without a companion. Been ok; I’m level 19, but only have two shards and really struggle to beat any big bosses. In general, seems part of problem is I lose so much health (and potions or refreshes) just getting to spots like deadwood or blue rock.

I went with jester bow, massive critical, stack up agility and figured I could rip thru everyone, but not so much. And for single big foe I just can’t generate enough damage with limited health. Anyone else done this before? There a better bow? Thanks!!

deadcorpze

In my opinion, the biggest problem would be enemies with paralysis attacks. I don't know if bloodied scarf evasion or smoke bomb will be enough to save u in areas like the sewers(u got a tough devourer boss plus some others roaming around). U will still need the meatshield to properly dish out the highest dps u can do without having to kite too much. Btw, this is from a mage perspective as I havent really tried out an archer. U can just ignore me man :lol:

Xen

Loreseeker
If you're going to Kite an enemy and you can't dish out consecutive damages try maxing out both Precision Shots and Massive Criticals while using this...

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... posite_Bow

it won't give you the highest DPS but it will give you solid damage which can match even a two handed Warrior and same as the strategy of a staff wielder Mage.

Mvollmers

Hmm, yeah. I forgot about composite bow. I’ve got the key already, I think. I like the rapid fire action of the jester, but if the enemy has 16 armor and I do 19 that takes a long time to make headway. I have massive critical but still have another level more precision. Im also thinking about flurry so can alternate between rapid fire, flurry, trap and move back and repeat. In theory at least.

Xen

Loreseeker
I recommend Composite Bow when kiting because it is a waste if you use Rapid Fire while running and doing damage with weaker weapons such as Wyrmslayer and Jester's Bow. At least with Composite Bow you can do larger amount of damage while running and it is also good for boss enemies since it won't attract too much attention when you're using a companion as a meat shield.

VDX_360

Staff member
Solo-Archer:
1) Composite Bow for higher defense enemies
2) Various scrolls of summons. Using Low level wolf scrolls to buy a few seconds with a boss can help tremendously.

Mvollmers

Yeah, I got the scroll skill already, but might need to bump it up a level still; I’d like to be able to pull in a golem (especially with the new ones) and if I don’t do that up front I never have enough health to spend.

Joe99

I just completed the game using a rogue archer without a companion. If possible, I always play my RPGs as a single character. I finished as a Level 22 Rogue, with the following attributes.
STR 4+2 Cloak = 6
END 3+1 Ring = 4
AGI 7+1 Belt = 8
INT 3+1 Ring = 4
AWA 3+1 Ring = 4
PER 3+1 Ring = 4

Over the course of the game I collected all the elemental bows, finishing with the Mist Hunter's Bow. I generally used the best armor available, ending with the Assassin's Armor. I maxed out Stealth, Evasion, Kick, Archery, Rapid Fire, Precision Shots, and Massive Criticals.

The trick was to always use Evasion and Rapid Fire together. This worked really well for ranged enemies, since I could stand at a distance and take them down, while their attacks couldn't hit me. If I was facing a melee enemy, I would Kick them first, and then use Rapid Fire. When they got close, I would use Evasion, and again, they generally couldn't hit me. I also found that Evasion is great for avoiding fire, cold, poison clouds, etc.

BTW - Great game. I am now going to try the 5 new upper level quests.