These rumour bosses are really cramping my style

Mr Adventurer

Specifically, their rumours are crowding out the information I need for my town hall quests! Very annoying when I learn that some hill giant is squatting on the road somewhere when all I want to know is where the dang family ring is... and it's all the people at that tavern want to talk about

VDX_360

Staff member
That is a known issue, and a common irk with players. Town Hall Quests have time limits so time spent getting told about Rumor Bosses can really hurt.

Best advice? Clear out the Rumor Bosses. Easier at mid-to-upper levels than early levels, but less rumor bosses appear at lower levels.

VDX_360

Staff member
There's been a lot of feedback about having active Town Hall Quests take priority over background Rumor Bosses.

Mr Adventurer

That's cool.

I don't think I started getting Rumour Bosses until about level 12, interestingly, so it's a new thing for me (first time getting to level 13 currently).

VDX_360

Staff member
True Rumor Bosses (ones that drop Rumor Boss Loot) don't start appearing till level 11 (or is it Level 12) , but the orc war band appears a few levels earlier. I forget if the Level 11 Rumor Bosses have a chance to drop a shard, or if it's the Green Dragon and above. Dragons and Lichs start appearing at higher levels. Easier to take a quick detour to hunt down a Minotour Warlord than say a Red Dragon. ....
See Random Encounters on Wiki.

Mr Adventurer

Pretty sure I ran into a rumour boss by accident - a troll - and there was no loot of interest at all...

Edit: I know this is not unusual - but everything is new to me so far!

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
Those random trolls will encourage you to keep a fire weapon on stand by.....

And there's nothing like running into a Rumor Boss Lich when you're hunting a Town Hall Quest....

Unexpected Combative Encounters / Rumor Bosses can make for humorous Role Playing...