The Wizard at Kingsbridge could see Adaon far away?

Desmond350

I told adaon to stop at an area far away for the wizard at Kingsbridge to see so I could talk with the mercenary there to complete a quest by giving him orc battle plans. But the Wizard could still see Adaon no matter how far I told him to hide. :|

Speaking of Magic :roll: , does that wizard has an all seeing eye, or sixth sense? (I'm playing with Cleric, normal difficulty.) :roll:

Hisoka Approves

Loreseeker
Haha, I tried the exact same thing.

It seems to just check who the companion is, not where he is. Coding limitations I guess.

The only solution would be to wait all the way around Kingsbridge through the New Garand route, or to dismiss him. Either way I hope you have a save to go back on.

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Why do the wizard attract you.... well that is systematic programmed because you have him as companion he is bounded to you and the wizard will speak to you... even if you companion is dead or 15 maps away... he is bounded to you so the quest will start.

Desmond350

Then the dialog should be changed. Saying he has sixth sense.

I don't know how to code, but coding has limitations. I don't agree well html4 could be improved to html5 and on and on. Every programming language is based on machine code and written to a language.

But the devs could add a dialog choice of telling Adaon what happened and tell him to hide.

Geb

IIRC the character has no idea at that point that adaon screwed the wizard and adaon wouldn't expect him to be there. The scenario is very railroaded, but actively avoiding it doesn't seem logical.

Hisoka Approves

Loreseeker
Geb":ig74un8j said:
IIRC the character has no idea at that point that adaon screwed the wizard and adaon wouldn't expect him to be there. The scenario is very railroaded, but actively avoiding it doesn't seem logical.

I disagree, we just forgot. We recover Adaon as a companion much later into the game, but beforehand have ample time to talk to him. He mentions being robbed by a traveller, which is a large clue since we experienced the same. I think it was done perfectly since it suddenly reminded us who we had just accepted as a friend.

Xen

Loreseeker
Acidic5":oxmj224x said:
Then the dialog should be changed. Saying he has sixth sense.

Acidic5":oxmj224x said:
But the devs could add a dialog choice of telling Adaon what happened and tell him to hide.

I see your point there, but David is the only one coding the game and it is less of his priority for now because of the other unfinished content at hand. When coding it in Java he need to add another conditional statements in order for it to work.

Desmond350

I have brought awareness to this matter. So the developers should take time to consider their option.

VDX_360

Staff member
Hisoka Approves":i9qlai9d said:
...We recover Adaon as a companion much later into the game, but beforehand have ample time to talk to him. He mentions being robbed by a traveller, which is a large clue since we experienced the same. I think it was done perfectly since it suddenly reminded us who we had just accepted as a friend.

Pick your friends carefully :)

Desmond350

I haven't played to much the future parts, But Adaon is still a companion and we could still tell him what circumstances there might be since we choose to let him go from the cage.
We could also choose to let go of Adaon and the player could choose whether to let Adaon. But after choosing Adaon, he does not steal from you even sleeping in an Inn. The dev had not created any other conditions and triggers for Adaon. He is trustable in java code. But in real life choose friends carefully. :shock: