The Undeveloped Arena Ideas

Driggs

A pretty cool idea for pre-development that might not be too hard to implement: Enemies could start at a low level for example a goblin, and slowly progress. For each kill you get you stockpile x amount of gold, increasing as the difficulty increases. Then, once you finally faint (I say "faint" because it wouldn't be very fair for iron-men characters to die in a never ending arena) you end up getting the gold you stockpiled and a number to beat for next time.
After say, 10 matches you face a "boss" like a Lich or a Hill giant, and slowly work your way up. Have a set inventory for players, so they can use a certain amount of arena potions etc. per match, that way it's based more on skill and timing rather than just pure level.

You could make a rewards system based on number of levels defeated in a single run (make these better items, so they're skill based)
And then have some items for total rounds beaten like 100, 200, 300 etc.

You could add some of the more grind-oriented items like Devourer Sting that way you're replacing one grind with another, possibly more fun grind.

Or, alternatively you could make it like a risk arena. Pay 500 to start a match and if you win, you get 1,000 (and your deposit of 500 back). Or it could be like you fight until you don't believe you can win, and if you back out you get your stockpile but if you bite off more than you can chew you lose the entry fee and get nothing (or maybe half, if you want to be forgiving) etc.

VDX_360

Staff member
First wave: 3 lichs, 2 Undermothers, and one Invisible Swamp Donkey.

CristianoR

could also have fights against fellows having the status of each one by the class he represents.

Driggs

Lol the Invisible Swamp Donkey, is that who gives the power of a demigod to the NPCs that push me around all day? :lol:

And I agree, maybe the boss battles you could face a same levelled opposing class character. For example if you're a level 15 rogue, one of the bosses would be a level 15 1h warrior etc.

Kuratha

Staff member
VDX_360":1iguw3ma said:
Hahaha, this would make my day. Maybe making this the name of an announcer NPC for the Arena?

You could make the arena realistic by implementing a days of the week schedule, and having the incremental fights increase in difficulty on a weekly basis.

Like what I'm hearing so far about this though~

Driggs

theseriousone23":3k27drd3 said:
VDX_360":3k27drd3 said:
Hahaha, this would make my day. Maybe making this the name of an announcer NPC for the Arena?

You could make the arena realistic by implementing a days of the week schedule, and having the incremental fights increase in difficulty on a weekly basis.

Like what I'm hearing so far about this though~

I just want you to know I value your input and agree with it. You're such a great member of this forum IMO. :)