The Undergrove

Pi_314

It's an upgraded version of winter wail, it upgrades when you touched the altar with it. It's a new item so it might not be added to the wiki ye
Yes winter waik i got it years ago and sold it years ago. Other than winter wail (which is unique item), is there any other place where the new version(s) might be found?
Post automatically merged:    

Don't worry, it will be there. The dragon and corpse will respawn and you can't sell winter wail this time.
Ahhh yes i see your answer now. Thank you for all your help. Please take care and good luck at the game :)

Don't worry, it will be there. The dragon and corpse will respawn and you can't sell winter wail this time.
Lol thank you one more time. I got the Winterwail one more time, i return back to the undergrove. I am hitting to the altar with it again and again, nothing happens. I hit the altar also with my regular aword when the Winterwail is in my invsntory, still nothing happens. I am afrId the reason is i killed the dragon in this cave before with my regular sword and i have no wY to return back.the previous stages. Do you believe any fix can be done to.solve that?

You need the sword in your inventory to interact with the altar. So try interacting with the altar with the sword (or either of it's two upgrades) in your inventory.
Thank you for your help. I did not have winterwail so i returned back the deep cauldron, ger it once more. I returned back to The undergrove. I am hitting to the altar with it again and again, nothing happens. I hit the altar also with my regular aword when the Winterwail is in my invsntory, still nothing happens. I am afrId the reason is i killed the dragon in this cave before with my regular sword and i have no wY to return back.the previous stages. Do you believe any fix can be done to.solve that?
Because this is a new fresh update, the new questa does not have instrictions like the older quests have so i had no idea what the stages are and even did not have idea which sword was needed and it has to be used to kikl dragon and then hit to the altar with it etc etc. Being in the game since 2018 and i have no intention to start all over again :) :) :)

You need the sword in your inventory to interact with the altar. So try interacting with the altar with the sword (or either of it's two upgrades) in your inventory.
Thank you for the reply. As i explained, i did.
(1) i killed the dragon at the undergrove with my regular sword (at that point, i had no winterwail in my inventory because inoptaines it years ago and sold it years ago. I had no idea or any instructions for that challange at The Exiled Kingsdom Library as the other older challanges had
(2) Then I talker with that old man Smiling Deer and i got the Deer Challange. From this fforum, by chance and by the help of others (not feom The Exiled Kingdoms Library) I learned that there is another section including black pool and then i learned i need the Winterwail should be in my inventory while hitting the altar at the Undergrove.
(3) i went the couldron, passed lava, killed the dragon at that cave (not in the one at Undergrove), open the chest and get Winter Wail once more again.
(4) i returned back to Undergrove, went into the cave again, killed the things there again and I reached to the same point with the altar.
(5) Because i already killed the dragon at that place at the Undergrove definding the altar, there was no dragon to kill with either WinterWail or with my sword - it did not regerate!
(6) While the WinterWail is in my inventory at that time, I touched the (each time i lost life of course), i hit the altar with WinterWIl, i hit the altar with my own sword, nothing happened. Within thise times, Winterwail was either at my hand or it was in my backpag (not in the additional bag i got from the Tower up north).
(7) i do believe the simole fix is letting that dragon at the undergrove regerate again so that i can kill it abd then i hit the altar with the sword so the bridge will appear.
I do not have by any means to go back to the older stages as i save all at each step and even my backup with the newest steps of the game.
(8) if it cannot be done, i have no other option to start the game again from zero and it is not an option to me after 3 years of playing 😞 .
Once again, thank you for your help in advance

Regarding with "forest lament: it is said that it is an updated version of winter wail and it will update itaelf qhen i touch the altar. That was the rwason i get Winterwail again. It did not happen. What am i doing wrong in here?

Last edited:

JediNxf7

Yes winter waik i got it years ago and sold it years ago. Other than winter wail (which is unique item), is there any other place where the new version(s) might be found?

Ahhh yes i see your answer now. Thank you for all your help. Please take care and good luck at the game :)

Lol thank you one more time. I got the Winterwail one more time, i return back to the undergrove. I am hitting to the altar with it again and again, nothing happens. I hit the altar also with my regular aword when the Winterwail is in my invsntory, still nothing happens. I am afrId the reason is i killed the dragon in this cave before with my regular sword and i have no wY to return back.the previous stages. Do you believe any fix can be done to.solve that?

Thank you for your help. I did not have winterwail so i returned back the deep cauldron, ger it once more. I returned back to The undergrove. I am hitting to the altar with it again and again, nothing happens. I hit the altar also with my regular aword when the Winterwail is in my invsntory, still nothing happens. I am afrId the reason is i killed the dragon in this cave before with my regular sword and i have no wY to return back.the previous stages. Do you believe any fix can be done to.solve that?
Because this is a new fresh update, the new questa does not have instrictions like the older quests have so i had no idea what the stages are and even did not have idea which sword was needed and it has to be used to kikl dragon and then hit to the altar with it etc etc. Being in the game since 2018 and i have no intention to start all over again :) :) :)

Thank you for the reply. As i explained, i did.
(1) i killed the dragon at the undergrove with my regular sword (at that point, i had no winterwail in my inventory because inoptaines it years ago and sold it years ago. I had no idea or any instructions for that challange at The Exiled Kingsdom Library as the other older challanges had
(2) Then I talker with that old man Smiling Deer and i got the Deer Challange. From this fforum, by chance and by the help of others (not feom The Exiled Kingdoms Library) I learned that there is another section including black pool and then i learned i need the Winterwail should be in my inventory while hitting the altar at the Undergrove.
(3) i went the couldron, passed lava, killed the dragon at that cave (not in the one at Undergrove), open the chest and get Winter Wail once more again.
(4) i returned back to Undergrove, went into the cave again, killed the things there again and I reached to the same point with the altar.
(5) Because i already killed the dragon at that place at the Undergrove definding the altar, there was no dragon to kill with either WinterWail or with my sword - it did not regerate!
(6) While the WinterWail is in my inventory at that time, I touched the (each time i lost life of course), i hit the altar with WinterWIl, i hit the altar with my own sword, nothing happened. Within thise times, Winterwail was either at my hand or it was in my backpag (not in the additional bag i got from the Tower up north).
(7) i do believe the simole fix is letting that dragon at the undergrove regerate again so that i can kill it abd then i hit the altar with the sword so the bridge will appear.
I do not have by any means to go back to the older stages as i save all at each step and even my backup with the newest steps of the game.
(8) if it cannot be done, i have no other option to start the game again from zero and it is not an option to me after 3 years of playing 😞 .
Once again, thank you for your help in advance

Regarding with "forest lament: it is said that it is an updated version of winter wail and it will update itaelf qhen i touch the altar. That was the rwason i get Winterwail again. It did not happen. What am i doing wrong in here?
what do you mean when you say you " hit" the altar with the sword? did you interact with the altar and like, purify it or whatever?

and did you speak to smiling deer or whatever his name is, the elder? he should have blessed the sword and upgraded it for you.

Wrenn

what do you mean when you say you " hit" the altar with the sword? did you interact with the altar and like, purify it or whatever?

and did you speak to smiling deer or whatever his name is, the elder? he should have blessed the sword and upgraded it for you.
Once you have laughing deers brothers sword take it to laughing deer.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Unfortunately no ... Do you have any idea where i can get it? Most importantly i did not use that soecific sword to kill the dragon so i hope it will work even if i get it.
Can you please tell us what your journal says about the Path of the Deer quest?

What seems odd to me is that you told us you killed the Nightmare Dragon without having Winter Wail in your inventory. But you shouldn't be able to actually start the fight with the dragon unless you touch the altar with Winter Wail. So something is wrong here.

Pi_314

Hi thanks for answer.
I have nonidea what hapoened, however, i save it to file and cloud. Then indelete the game, turn my cell (android) off and on, load the game again (not the one says Exliwd Kingdoms 2). I saw last few stages never happened. I started from the place i left before the recent update, gonti the stages once more, put WinterWail into mybinventory again by killing the deagon, etc. I went to the Undergrove again, killed the black dragon, the altar let me interact with it, bridge opened, i put sword into rhe black pool and clence it, report it to the wlder, etc.
Bad thing is, there is no explanation about the steps of the quests anywhere - not in library, no where - so, i was trying to get help.
Thank you.
I do hope they wilk update it fully soon so we can all avoid Such inconvinience.
I wilk return to workdays and i guess i will see if thise updates will be completed or not with everybody else 😞
Thank you all again

Sorry for all typos above 🥴 The last sentence above should be : "... and I guess i will see with evwrybody else if thoae updates will be completed or not"

Equinox

When I get to the statue and shocking altar there's no dragon and winter wail does nothing. I've talked to laughing deer twice. My journal says to dip winter wail in the black pit.

VDX_360

Staff member
1) Is Winter Wail in your inventory, or your backpack?
2) What version of the game are you on?

Equinox

I equip it when after crossing the acid bath. My version is 1.3.1167. No Nightmare dragon appears either. Just updated to 1168 went back still nothing. I'm not sure if it makes a difference that I still had winter wail before starting the quest..OK I give up exiled kingdoms has beaten me ill come back if there's another update.

Last edited: