How to? The Restless Dead: How To Permanently Solve the Ghost Problem

How to do something?
Platform
Android

BillyCones

I go to the place at night and kill him, but the journal won't update. After killing him I go back to Toel and his dialogue isn't updated. I go back and kill the ghost again, and it still hasn't updated.

Mod Note: Slight edit to thread tittle to better reflect nature of post.

VDX_360

Staff member
Short version: You have to find the bones, and put them to proper rest inside Mausoleum. Until you put the bones to rest, the ghost will keep coming back.

Long Version: The Wiki can walk you through the steps here.

If you carefully read the dialogue, you get the hints the ghost was wrongly assumed to be a traitor, when in fact he was a prisoner. He just was a suitable resting place.

The quest catches a lot of players off-guard as they're just expecting a kill-this-and-report-back quest.

BillyCones

Yeah but I'm not getting the bones after killing him. I watched a youtube video to see if I was doing something wrong, and when the person killed him text would appear saying the quest journal has been updated. I'm getting not getting the text or bones.

Edit: my inventory isn't full either, so I'm not dropping them. Also I just reread the wiki and it says I'm not supposed to get the remains until I go to the mausoleum, but instead I'm supposed to go back to Toel. When I go back to him there's no option to ask him about Sir Morfados.
Post automatically merged:    

Ok so apparently I don't need to go back and ask Toel about the ghost to find the remains. I'm not sure why it's in the wiki when I couldn't do that step but I found them.

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
He does NOT drop the bones (capitalization only for clarity).

Per Step 6 in the Wiki, you find his bones in the traitor's pile in the Mausoleum.
After getting his bones, you have to find an open burial chamber in the Mausoleum to slip his bones into for a final rest.

You don't need to talk to people about the bones / ghost knight to trigger the bones to appear.