The price of freedom (quest in limbo)

VDX_360

Staff member
For clarity, you got this Journal update AFTER triggering the quest, and than attacking the Varanari and killing one of the side-kicks, but BEFORE you kill the leader? If that's correct, than we're you still able to complete the quest? Did the journal update correctly when you killed the leader?

BOSTACH

For clarity, you got this Journal update AFTER triggering the quest, and than attacking the Varanari and killing one of the side-kicks, but BEFORE you kill the leader? If that's correct, than we're you still able to complete the quest? Did the journal update correctly when you killed the leader?
Yes i checked after i killed the leader and yes it was back to normal and had a description of what to do next

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, typically I write down a quest status for those "mid-battle" situations in case someone checks the journal, but in some (especially in early quests like this one, which was in the original 2015 release) I left it blank.

VDX_360

Staff member
Out of rapid curiosity, what happens if you flee the map at that mid-point? Does the main guy just re-spawn forever until you finish him off, if de-spawns does it trigger the quest as complete? Does he poof away leaving the quest in limbo?

BOSTACH

Out of rapid curiosity, what happens if you flee the map at that mid-point? Does the main guy just re-spawn forever until you finish him off, if de-spawns does it trigger the quest as complete? Does he poof away leaving the quest in limbo?
I can test that for you but just to be sure... You want me to kill one of sidekicks leave the map... Then what?

VDX_360

Staff member
If we're testing:
1) Leave map and see what journal entry says.
2) Leave map, stay at inn (to re-set map), than see what journal says, if the main guy is still there, and what the Guard tells you (does quest complete?)

Be mindful staying at inn will auto save so use a back up file, or save slot.

BOSTACH

If we're testing:
1) Leave map and see what journal entry says.
2) Leave map, stay at inn (to re-set map), than see what journal says, if the main guy is still there, and what the Guard tells you (does quest complete?)

Be mindful staying at inn will auto save so use a back up file, or save slot.
Now I can neither kill them nor report to silena.
Fast-foot (the leader) says may the three make your stars shine and silena says freedom to you, both responses leave you with no option other than "leave"
Yes this breaks the quest and i can no longer complete it