the pc version (weird)

BOSTACH

um hi i dont know how to start this but please dont count to much on the pc version david because... imagine your beloved game on the pc and it turns out that you can play it simply on your phone what would you do? im sad to say that if you started the game on the pc it might be better, after that go to the Android/ios platform im sorry but i wont buy the game because i can simply enjoy it on my phone.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I provide different versions because people wants to play the game differently ;)

Enjoy the one that is better for you, not a problem at all.

Bans1x

In what ways do the mobile and pc version differ maybe more content on the pc thats what i hope is the case because the pc version is more expensive and i would expect more content on the more expensive version

p4ran0id

Staff member
Not everyone likes to play on mobile devices (battery drain, small display, no haptic feedback with touch controls and so on)

I know a lot of people who were looking forward for the PC edition. So that was a good decision.

Also, if someone get the mobile version in stead of the steam version, David will still benifit from this. To make more content only for PC is quite stupid.

Ps: just have a look at the new age of Empires. Microsoft just put 4k textures in and reselling the old AoE 1 once again!

BOSTACH

DavidBVal":mpwb3o5j said:
I provide different versions because people wants to play the game differently ;)

Enjoy the one that is better for you, not a problem at all.
Yea...you are right

BOSTACH

p4ran0id":vtmsnhpp said:
Not everyone likes to play on mobile devices (battery drain, small display, no haptic feedback with touch controls and so on)

I know a lot of people who were looking forward for the PC edition. So that was a good decision.

Also, if someone get the mobile version in stead of the steam version, David will still benifit from this. To make more content only for PC is quite stupid.

Ps: just have a look at the new age of Empires. Microsoft just put 4k textures in and reselling the old AoE 1 once again!
OMG I DIDNT KNOW THAT I WILL GO TRY IT!!!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
BOSTACH":3v6lrbbr said:
im sorry but i wont buy the game because i can simply enjoy it on my phone.

Of course, everyone has own preferences.

From my own point of view, I actually like to have PC version, I have much better control of character movement (like to play with keyboard and remember places with lot of traps where I had problems because I couldn't control my character with needed precision on my phone, this is just one example), also, as already mentioned, no battery restrictions, if I want, I can play for hours without worry.

There's also one more difference with PC version, you see more of land, so you can easier plan your attacks.

From David's point of view, he "only" needed to program different game interface (use of mouse and keyboard), which lasted considerably less time than to program whole game from scratch. EK is in development for over 3 years, and developing interface changes (and some more things needed to work for PC) took about a month.

This opens three new markets so to say (PC, Mac, Linux), introducing EK to people who before didn't even new for it, or enabling people like myself to get it on PC and play again. Or even just to help David by buying in a way as saying: Thank you for your effort and a such great game.

From all other people, there's many different motives that different people have that may lead them to purchase their PC version of EK.

I hope that at least 10% of people who own game on mobile platform (both Android and iOS) would purchase also PC version. And, many more who will purchase PC version would purchase mobile version also, as Steam is big platform, with many players who usually don't play mobile games (let's be honest, there's not that much quality RPG games that exist only on mobile platforms).

So, I'm hoping this release will help David and EK selling on both fronts, PC and mobile. But, time will tell. In time, hopefully, there would be also cloud backup and restore for PC version (at the moment you need to go with file system backup and restore) and it probably would help in both markets, as game exchange would be much easier.

And, of course, I completely understand someone like you who owns game on phone and don't need or want PC version.

p4ran0id

Staff member
FULL ACK, I'm looking forward to get the steam version (have to buy steam card first, the won't get my creditcard data, so have to wait till next week)

What I don't understand, why doesn't steam provide an API for their cloudsave on Android and ios, that's really stupid and would make a lot of things easier (or Google or Apple :cry:)

I hope that the steam version gets really successful and that David will finish the game. I'm promoting the game since the release, not really for David but only for myself, I want more content! (maybe I'm a bit addicted to this game) :D :D :D

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
p4ran0id":2mdir3rm said:
I hope that the steam version gets really successful and that David will finish the game. I'm promoting the game since the release, not really for David but only for myself, I want more content! (maybe I'm a bit addicted to this game) :D :D :D

Yes, of course, there's also this moment as reason to hope for great Steam success, if EK gets big sales, we all will get a lot of new content, for all 5 platforms. :D