The Lich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayyerlol

When do i reach the late game? im pretty sure its after shards of fate. Im going to try the ancient fang, but i don know if its better than the spirit breaker. What do you think of my skillset? Is there any other improvements i can make?( Other than sacred fire, im going to improve that as soon as i get enough points.)

Vitas

Ancient Fang has a faster speed and more damage than Spirit Breaker, its just SB has Holy and Banishing, so it can be better sometimes depending on enemy. The basic damage and speed is very important for physical damage because it influences crit.

Also let's say enemy bloks 20 damage through his armor, if you have 25 damage you deal only 25-20 =5 , if you deal 35 damage then it's
35-20=15, so instead of 5 you deal 15 that's triple the damage. Now you understand, the higher the damage the better, if damage is too low you deal only 1 damage to enemy.

The small amount of elemental damage that comes with weapon is good to have, but with a character focused on physical dmg. what really matters is the raw dmg and attack speed.

This is also the reason why 2h weapons are so powerful, however 2h weapons have low crit and low att. speed, so it's kinda balanced.

Small tip, when you check DPS of the weapon, check it with Arbenos Might activated.

Your skills are ok, I don't like Holy Shield, it consumes too much mana, I'd rather use the mana on Sacred Fire/Arbenos/Heal, but you use your cleric as main tank so do as you want. But I personally never used that skill. You pay 5 mana to protect yourself from undead, but with 9 mana from Sacred Fire III you kill them instantly, or give them massive damage. What is more profitable? 😀
You will find a lot of items with good death protection, especially rings.
Post automatically merged:    

Also don't try to kill all the bosses with shards, some of them are better left after Ark, or at least after you go to Sunken Citadel. There are some nice armor pieces there

Last edited:

Deleted member 28869

Doesn't ancient fang have 4-10 damage? Spirit breaker has higher damage with 6-9+ 4(spirit).

You should still be fine without ancient fang, though I imagine the beast slayer attribute helps with sunken citadel. Rng is jerk sometimes, so good luck if you're going to farm for it.

Vitas

Well like I said, it depends on the enemy. On paper Spirit Breaker is stronger, but with Arbenos Might activated, the Fang will catch up in DPS (due to faster speed). Also Fang stacks Duel faster.
But against undead/demons Spirit Breaker is better.
I didn't want to start the debate between this 2 weapons, what I wanted to say is you can get the Fang early in the game with Sacred Fire III.
Spirit Breaker though, that's another story 😀 Forbidden pit is not an easy place.

Also Primeval Bears can drop a good cloak or a small diamond, both are desirable items.

Slayyerlol

I think ill get the fang too. But i have not done the trollfens yet, so maybe after. Also, i killed the lich. It is pretty easy at level 17. I could have done the whole dungeon too! Now i can farm for exp there, and i will get blessed platemail along the way. I think the mausoleum is the best dungeon midgame. I don't think the cloak or the diamonds will help me much. The cloak is pretty useless as i have good ones for me and my companion. I can get diamonds pretty easily by slaying hill giants. Is the forbidden pit really that hard? I just need a spirit weapon for the shadows there, right?
However, i have no clue where i can find a good spirit weapon... Since we get SB only after we slay Tarlus.
Post automatically merged:    

Some shard bosses are pretty hard, but can we enter the ashen wastes without completing the shards of fate quest? I think we can go to the sunken citadel through the maze of Lamth, but that would be after we complete the Lost Kingdoms quest.

Last edited:

Deleted member 28869

If you're looking for a good spirit weapon, you can use paladin's longsword, not a light weapon, but a good substitute.

You can't go to ashen wastes before you need to complete the quest to talk to the pirate captain about ashen wastes.

Vitas

There are more shards than necessary, some of bosses you can leave after Shards of Fate. You won't get shards anymore but you will get good loot from them. There is a list of Shards available on wiki, the list is incomplete though. You can get also from Great Demon in Abbey of st Admus, from Void Lord in In Forbidden Pit, and King of Korne. All these 3 bosses are very hard though (especially Void Lord)😁. Better leave them for later. There are also random spawning bosses that can drop shards

Edit: oh greater Demon is mentioned in wiki. If I remember correctly there were 3 not mentioned, I don't remember the 3rd one

Last edited:

Slayyerlol

Oh, Ok thanks. I knew to leave the void lord, and King of Korne, but i thought the Greater demon could be beaten before the Ark.

Vitas

Demon is resistant to fire, he also stands in a lava pit which is troublesome. The way I kill him is I tell companion to wait on a terrain without lava, then bring him to that terrain. If you are confident in your physical damage you can try to kill him.

Molokot

Evrything can be beaten before ark, but its good to get gear from minotaur temple, and to get shards you just need to hunt couple of rumour boses. Ark is quite a boring place and i think i completly skipped it on some gameplays. Actualy also sunken temple is boring , because you are kinda forced to run it zilion times, it was a bad idea to place so much loot in one dungeon. And morover its a "power creep" type of gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.