The Lich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitas

I see you are struggling a little at the moment ๐Ÿ™‚ Here are some tipps:

- Clerics are not designed to be killers, no matter what you do, warriors/rogues will do more damage than you. This is why I suggest a balanced build.
- You should have upgraded Sacred Fire a long time ago (at around level 5-6 should be already max) No matter what kind of Cleric, Sacred Fire III is a must have, especially if you are beginner in the game. I recommend upgrading it to III asap. Yes, it is useless against fire resistant/immune enemies, but is amazing against undead/cold enemies, and decent against other types. The difference between sacred fire II and III, is like between earth and sky.
- Why are you so obsessed with that lich? You should avoid fire resistant enemies when you play as cleric. Always leave them for later, especially fire resistant bosses. Just max Sacred Fire, go farm other dungeons.
- Body Development is for Ark of Lothassan. You don't need it before that, as it won't help you kill enemies (and lack of damage is your main problem, I'm sure ๐Ÿ˜€)
- Using Hirge together with your main character means you have no aoe damage at the moment. This is another reason you need max Sacred Fire.

Do you want your life as cleric to be 5 times easier as it is now? Here is what you should do:

Save the game, reset your skills right now! ๐Ÿ˜€
This is what you need:
-Extra Recovery max (you need it for you and Hirge to be able to spam skills)
-Heal wound max
-Sacred fire max
-Arbenos might I
-Duel II
-Intervention I
- Nivaria Barrier is a weak skill, don't use it
- Crusader is ok-ish but I wouldn't invest in it, because skills are more useful in other directions.
- Trust me, you don't need spirit wolf. If you invest in him then you have to invest in Summoner too, that's 10 skill points. The wolf is weak in late game, also it requires some skill and game experience to manage the wolf, the game is already hard, do you want to make it harder for you? ๐Ÿ˜ Leave it for another game with cleric joining cleric guild.

That's all the skills you need for now. Both you and Hirge need at least Intellect 4 and Personality 4. (3+1 is also acceptable). You can delay Int 4 for Hirge, if you want to make her more tanky

Hirge needs only Heal Wounds III as active skill. No Intervention for Hirge, because it burns her mana if she dies, but without intervention she revives with same mana as before. If you have another active skills on her, you need to reset her skills, because it is very inefficient, and she wastes all her mana for nothing. The choice of passive skills for Hirge doesn't really matter, use whatever you desire, her main role is healing.

For your main hero, Heavyhand, Massive Crit, Precision Strikes, upgrade them all later in the game, to at least level 2. The order doesn't really matter.

Body Development before Ark.

Gate, Thelume's wisdom, Spirit Ward, if you have them it's good, if not it's also ok ๐Ÿ˜€

If you fight enemies weak to fire, use Arbenos m. + Sacred Fire + physical attack. When low hp use heal

If you fight enemies resistant to fire, use mostly attack and heal. You can use also strength potions for such enemies.

It doesn't matter what weapon you use. Just check the DPS when you equip it, if it increases, then the weapon is good. Also check if the elemental damage is appropriate for the enemy. Btw, you should activate combat log and check the damage you and your enemies are dealing, including elemental damage, it is very helpful.

Also instead of reading the forum too much, better use EK wiki, forum can be confusing with contradictory advices.

Phew, that was a long comment, I hope it will be useful ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Last edited:

Slayyerlol

Thanks a lot. Im sure it will. I guess i am sticking with Hirge then. I dont think ill need extra recovery to the max, i actually want to minimize my extra recovery use. I will reset and and rebuild my skills though.

Vitas

With extra recovery you can spam sacred fire. The truth is sacred fire is actually your most important spell. Avoid fire resistant enemies. Also Hirge can use many heals with extra recovery. Trust me i didn't write this guide randomly, I know exactly what I'm talking about. Use it exactly as I said, if you don't like it then change it in the future

Deleted member 28869

I'll disagree with sacred fire being the most important, it's good damage but you are stuck doing the animation and it plateaus late game, so level 2 is fine.
Having extra recovery is a nice way of saving money for mana pots, so you are fine even with level 1, and going double cleric make you buy a lot less health pots.

Any companion is fine with cleric, go give hirge a 2-h weapon if you're the one tanking the hits. Use strength pots if it's a fire-type.

You won't really need the spirit ward for the ark, you can use amulet of dark whispers and have shock resist rings.
Gate is a convienient skill, but you can buy teleport scrolls.

You'll most likely be using spirit breaker or paladin's longsword most of the time so weapon switching isn't a big issue.

Vitas

I'll disagree with sacred fire being the most important, it's good damage but you are stuck doing the animation and it plateaus late game, so level 2 is fine.
Having extra recovery is a nice way of saving money for mana pots, so you are fine even with level 1, and going double cleric make you buy a lot less health pots.

Any companion is fine with cleric, go give hirge a 2-h weapon if you're the one tanking the hits. Use strength pots if it's a fire-type.

You won't really need the spirit ward for the ark, you can use amulet of dark whispers and have shock resist rings.
Gate is a convienient skill, but you can buy teleport scrolls.

You'll most likely be using spirit breaker or paladin's longsword most of the time so weapon switching isn't a big issue.
I actually think Sacred Fire is overpowered. It does a lot of damage, is cheap manawise, has low cd, does aoe damage. It is better than most of mage elemental spells (except max lightning which scales with hero). Having Sacred fire 3 is mandatory. It is excellent in any Thuram area, any undead dungeon. Abbey of St. Admus is a piece of cake with SF III. With spamming sacred fire you can progress many areas a lot faster. Yes it is not the strongest in late game but is still decent. Also you have to arrive to late game somehow in the first place. Cleric needs a lot of points in passives and a good weapon until he can do some decent physical damage. Until then, just spam Sacred fire ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Deleted member 28869

I'll agree with most on what you said, but I can't use sacred fire in the ark and it's a huge drain on mana if you just spam it, and I don't really feel like using it every 3 seconds and stop attacking, but hey, that's just my playstyle.

Reactions: Xen

Vitas

I'll agree with most on what you said, but I can't use sacred fire in the ark and it's a huge drain on mana if you just spam it, and I don't really feel like using it every 3 seconds and stop attacking, but hey, that's just my playstyle.
Well maybe I exaggerated a little ๐Ÿ™‚. Actually what I do in mid game is mostly using Arbenos might for weak enemies, and sacred fire vs a group of 3 or more enemies. Spamming it literally is too mana consuming, of course. However against bosses, I use Extra Recovery before fight, and then attack and use frequently Sacred Fire (but not really spamming it, or else I will drain mana too fast and there won't be any left for heal, which will force me to use potions, and I really hate using potions) This is also why I have maxed Extra Recovery, to enable heavy usage of spells until dungeon is over, without needing to abandon it or start wasting potions.

I mean there are many different ways you can play with cleric, but if I were playing my first time with cleric, I wish someone would give me the tips I wrote in that big comment ๐Ÿ™‚

Ok that's enough comments for today, time to do some other things.

Slayyerlol

So thanks to all your tips, i rebuilt my skills, and added a little bit of my playstyle into it, i dont want it to be completely unoriginal. With this, i mowed through the mausoleum, at lvl16, i beat every room except the lich, I did not go to the Lich only because i wanted to finish up Restless dead and get out of there. Here is my skillset:

Heal Wounds III
Holy Shield II
Sacred Fire II
Intervention II
Arbenos' Might I
Crusader II
Extra Recovery I
Duel II
Precision Strikes II
Massive Crits I
Heavyhand II

Last edited:

SlothPrince

Sacred fire is the first thing I max as cleric as well. Usually add heal wounds 1 and then max sacred fire. By then I have Hirge that I max heal on then do only passive skills for her.

Vitas

Sacred fire is the first thing I max as cleric as well. Usually add heal wounds 1 and then max sacred fire. By then I have Hirge that I max heal on then do only passive skills for her.
The only people who don't max it, are the ones who never tried it. It's also nice to get Ancient Fang, just spam Sacred Fire, and you can kill Primeval Bear at level 8 or 9. Then with Ancient Fang, coupled with Duel and Arbenos Might, you can kill anything in the mid game. But hey, what do I know, me silly noob ๐Ÿ˜…

Anyway, as long as people have fun with their own build, that's fine by me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.