The future (for David and his fans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinbone

I love this game, and I saw a tease at one point about a sequel in another realm, plus as a recent player I see that I'm already playing after a couple major updates (roughly annually?), plus hints in game like "crafting not yet implemented" that suggest there might be further updates to Exiled Kingdoms itself.

So... as a level 20 character moving towards the end game, what does the future hold? One thing I'm especially wondering is if a future update would further flesh out the existing game, such that the only way to enjoy it well would be another play through (there are 3 more classes available, so that's not a huge deal), or would such a hypothetical update extend from the current end point and allow more play time with my current guy?

And, is there actually any chance of David creating a brand new stand alone RPG game?

I realize this is all hypothetical and subject to change, so I'm not looking for hard answers, but any light that can be shed would be appreciated.

Shinbone

Uhh, I'm going to reply to my own post here, in case anyone else was similarly clueless. Turns out there's a lot of breadcrumbs out there (possibly a whole sandwich - I'm not done reading yet!)

So, after posting I figured I'd check the announcements for the 1.1 and 1.2 releases to get an idea of what the previous releases had done / included. Lo and behold I found two things. First this quote:

"What to expect after 1.2: I can't realistically work on two games at the same time, and I can't keep developing (and selling) the same game my whole life. Despite we all wanting more and more, the game is already huge as it is, way bigger and more complex than what its price tag may sustain, and everything that was promised has been implemented with 1.1. I might add more content over the next years, depending on my availability and other projects, who knows! But my absolute priority will be my next game, which I'll be talking about very soon."

And then a link to THE NEXT GAME thread, which I'm off to read as soon as I post it here:

I have a feeling I'm the last one to realize this :p

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hey there, apparently the sticky topic announcing Archaelund was somehow buried under other topics during the recent forum upgrade. Sorry about that. Indeed Archaelund is a very exciting project and I am right now focused on it 101%. I will lock this thread as it might further confuse other readers, but feel free to discuss about Archaelund in its own topic (now always on top of general forum).

Status
Not open for further replies.