Terminology question

Cradds

So I have been reading into character builds and I keep getting lost on some of the stats

For example what is AC? I keep reading the emphasis on having it at a high number.

Is there a page on the wiki that explains all this?

Thanks

Roukan

Loreseeker
AC probably refers to armor class from D&D usage. It's functionally different in Exiled Kingdoms, and is simply called armor here.

Here's the wiki page with info on character stats. Just search up the specific terms for more info. http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/index.php?title=Character_Sheet

Edit*
Just to make things clear, AC in D&D serves to determine if an attack successfully hits the target. Exact calculations vary depending on which edition of D&D. Damage is calculated afterwards in a separate roll, only if the attack landed on the target.

In Exiled Kingdoms, all non-elemental attacks will deal damage. The amount of damage dealt/received is dependent on the armor stat, which subtracts from damage between 20% to 100% of the armor stat (40% to 100% if using a shield). Non-elemental damage can only be reduced down to 20% here, so no invincibility for high armored characters.

When people type AC as a character stat on these forums, they're probably referring to the armor stat. Just that typing it as AC might be a habit from their experience coming from other games.

Celfious

I think AC is damage reduction
I take minimum hits 2 hp and pop resilience and still take 2hp damage so there is no invincibility from any mob.

lanyu

Roukan":3419upmg said:
AC probably refers to armor class from D&D usage. It's functionally different in Exiled Kingdoms, and is simply called armor here.

Here's the wiki page with info on character stats. Just search up the specific terms for more info. http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/index.php?title=Character_Sheet

Edit*
Just to make things clear, AC in D&D serves to determine if an attack successfully hits the target. Exact calculations vary depending on which edition of D&D. Damage is calculated afterwards in a separate roll, only if the attack landed on the target.

In Exiled Kingdoms, all non-elemental attacks will deal damage. The amount of damage dealt/received is dependent on the armor stat, which subtracts from damage between 20% to 100% of the armor stat (40% to 100% if using a shield). I have seen different forms of this and they have shown it too. The damage is of of the elements to consider. Non-elemental damage can only be reduced down to 20% here, so no invincibility for high armored characters.

When people type AC as a character stat on these forums, they're probably referring to the armor stat. Just that typing it as AC might be a habit from their experience coming from other games.

Hi,
Hi, I don't understand how you're calculating this, so between 20% and 100%, minus from the damage? I don't get it.

Roukan

Loreseeker
(final damage) = (attacker's damage stat) - (random % between 20% to 100%) * (target's armor stat)

With an armor stat of 10, you subtract between 2 to 10 damage from all physical damage received. Between 4 to 10 damage is subtracted if a shield is equipped.

VDX_360

Staff member
Keep in mind there's a minimal damage to any incoming attack (15% rounded up???), so really high armor won't result in zero damage from enemies.