Tell us when you gain a level - share your character build advancement :)

Lamar

it's not the first rogue I've done, but this one in particular is being very fun and immersive for me, ..., without companions, ...
Interestingly yesterday I decided to role play a ranger trapper w/o a companion. Got to level 6 fairly quickly and easily then died horribly trying to get the copper penny. Doh! I don't think I can get much further without a lot of grinding xp as I'm too squishy. Haven't tired a stealth assassin, sounds fun. Good luck!

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Got to level 6 fairly quickly and easily then died horribly trying to get the copper penny. Doh! I don't think I can get much further without a lot of grinding xp as I'm too squishy.

You can grind some XP & associated loot by doing Town Hall Quests.

An Archer can be on the look out for Travelling Armourer to buy Hunter's Mark bow, or raid chests in Ydaya Tomb or Lannegar Mine for Hunter's Fang for a Beast Slayer bonus vs Rats.

If the spiked traps are above your ability then a few Scrolls of Detection can be good.

Bear in mind Thieves are the weakest class. They definitely have the most trouble solo but they also definitely can beat the game solo on Iron Man so it's not impossible. Just harder.

Double-check your Attributes. A couple of points in END is hugely beneficial at low level.

ajay

I had to restart my rogue with the additional quests and gear. I believe this is as optimized as I can make a rogue at level 25. The only tuning left is three empty advanced skill slots and switching back to the Bloodied Scarf. I am thinking of grabbing Poison Master to complete this build as an assasin. Now to go take down Kalagru.

Last edited:

Methaequir

Methaequir - Mage lvl 16
-------------------------------------
Attributes

HP 163
Mana 284

FOR 0
END 3
AGI 2
INT 4 (5)
AWA 3
PER 4 (5)

3 attribute points available, not sure where to use it, any help would be appreciated.
Skills

MAX Lightning
Minor Summon MAX
MAX Staff Mastery
Source of Mana MAX
Earth Dominion II
Conjurer II
Arcanist 0 (Not yet evolved)
Attack Information

Damage 18-22 (Fire)
Speed 9
Critical 5% (23-33)
DPS 18.4
Effect Slow 40% (+Stun 5% when using Staff of the Seas)
-------------------‐------------------
Armor 12

Resistances change according to the required items.
Equipments
Tiara of heavens
High Mage's Robe
Essence Gloves
Charm Necklace
Scorching Caduceus/Staff of the Seas
Ring of Mentalism and Ring of Arcane Ice
Spectral Cloak
Beginner's Pants
Sharkskin Boots

Companion Grissenda lvl 13

Any advice or criticism is welcome.

Last edited:

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
@Atomos I'm picturing your Arcane Knight heroically fighting hordes of evil monsters, with that red lightsaber in one hand, and a wooden piglet in another... ;)

Oh, I just saw your resistances! Surprising. I never bothered with Spirit Resistance, since I always wear the Amulet of Whispers. Is it better this way?

Atomos

@Apocalypse I did manage to beat Dimensional Parasite solo(with elemental spells), so it has some uses, it's maddening in daily use though. Defence oriented cleric should also get along with it, I'm working on it. That handmaiden of Hirge will bravely carry the burden instead of the bishop :)

Lamar

I reached 16 yesterday. It's taken awhile but it's fun and I'm learning how to play without a companion. The first level of the maze got easy with the long and narrow corridors once I got traps 3 and rapid fire. Outside has it's challenges with limited choke points, fast moving targets, and my getting hung up on terrain playing on my tablet. I trained one level each of sprint, flurry, and kick to help me survive when cornered. Stealthing and setting a trap close to my target then popping out with rapid fire is always good entertainment. I'll think I'll take precision shots 2 next to help with dps.

Lamar

Took a short break from my ranger, but got back and got him to level 20 this past weekend. At level 18, with precision shots 2, massive criticals1, jester's bow, lots of health potions, and patience I was able get to the zombie dragon on maze level 2 and grab Wyrmslayer. Wow, what a difference that bow makes. With it I think massive criticals 1 would have been better than precision shots 2.