Tell us when you gain a level - share your character build advancement :)

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
I started a new Warrior on Hard to play through the 1.3 content within a new game.

Currently: Level 20
714 HP
STR 8 (10), END 5 (6), INT 1, AW1 (2), PER 2 (3)
Charge 1, Two Handed Expert 3, Cleave 1, Recovery 2, Duel 3, Body Development 3, Precision Strikes 3, Massive Criticals 2, Heavyhand 2
Heroic Helm, Myrosian Brestplate, Myrosian Gauntlets, Plate Leggings, Boots of Balance,
Girdle of Warrior, Amulet of Eyes, Ring of Trader, Ring of Vitality, Iron Will Mantle

Executioner's Axe, Damage 35-53, Critical 13% (45-132 +25% kill weaker), DPS 45.3, Stun 10%.

Have half of the Shards done. Haven't done any Companion Quests, Friguld, Bluerock, haven't been to Nivarian, Fogas, or any way up there, haven't been to Icemist through to Deepfrost. But I have been to the two levels beneath The Mine, though I'm now stuck on a missing page. (No spoilers please, I'll ask if I do need help).

I know my build is suboptimal. I saw VDX point out with 2H it's probably better to get lots of Charge and Whirlwind and splat hard rather than small damages which would be more effective on quicker weapons (Duel, HH, Criticals) but there you go, I'm going to stick with it. Massive Criticals to 3 next (have 1 Skill Point spare) then work on Heavyhand 3.

I think I'm delighted I have the Iron Golem Fist for Hirge, it's the first time that has dropped for me. The downside is it has outclassed a whole range of other weapons including some new ones. I want some better trousers (Legion or Myrosian) and I want to hunt for a better chopper (for critical maximisation, plus roleplaying). I suspect that means the Abbey, do that for Hirge (Longsword, Sandals), the Abby's Ring for me, and the Ruby Key to grab the Permafrost Greataxe.

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Oops, Heroic. I'm not really excited for Holy Helm as Hirge is currently using the Tiara of the Heavens. As she's my dungeon buddy it helps with her trap-spotting.

DuperFriend

I played mage up to level 7 and was having so much trouble surviving, I had Gris, both of our gear stacked for lvl 7 characters, and lesser summoning 1, but it still wasn't good enough. I had unlocked lightning bolt, ice storm, and fireball but they didn't feel impactful or reliable enough to use, and, of course I had magic armor.

I decided to start over, right now I am level 4, and my survivability is increased tenfold, and it feels bizarre as to why. Instead of investing in magic spells, I instead maxed lesser summoning and it makes a huge difference, I also put points into staff mastery instead of spells which gives strong auto attacks/basic attacks, I will say though, that I longed for lightning bolt from time to time so it's completely optional.

I started off with:
1 INT
1 AWA
1 PER
1 AGI

and Mage armor for lvl one, then I raised INT on level two and probably took lesser summoning. WARNING: Lesser Summoning is expensive on your mana, I suggest checking your mana pool and making sure you're comfortable with the amount before taking it, you could get it at lvl 2, or wait til lvl 3. I have Lesser Summoning 2 at Level 4, and it's just as good as Gris at the moment.

I am a newbie at this game, and everyone has their own builds, but I personally had trouble surviving as mage until I decided to use the more "Summoner" route compared to the "Spellcaster" route, and it is wildly different. I had to surf the forum for builds and get advice from others before coming up with this set, so hopefully other struggling mages can benefit from this.

Slayyerlol

Lvl 15 cleric(Im a newbie so some of these traits ans skills may look horribly balanced, and any advice is wlcm)

Traits:
Strength: 3+1
Endurance: 3+1
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 2
Awareness: 2
Personality: 3+1

Skills:
Heal Wound II
Holy Shield I
Sacred Fire II
Intervention II
Arbenos' Might I
Crusader II
Nivaria's Barrier II
Thelume's Wisdom II
Extra Recovery I
Dungeoneering II
Gossip II
Duel II
Spirit Ward II

Stats:
HP: 271
Mana: 132
Speed: 11
DPS: 21
Armour: 22

Deleted member 28869

You could do without dungeoneering and gossip, they aren't too important for a cleric, you have high personality and thelumes wisdom, so those skill points could be used for body development. And you seem to be going for an agi cleric, you could have Str1(2 with gauntlets of might), spend the rest on agi and buy blessed belt of agility.

Slayyerlol

Oh, Ok. Thanks. Yes i am going for an AGI cleric, but i need a min of strength 4 as i am in warriors guild and heavyhand is useful. Where can i get a blessed belt of agility?

Slayyerlol

Its been a few levels now... Level 20 cleric( I still havent completed the shards of fate, otherwise i would have gotten better armour):

Traits:

STR: 4
END: 5+1
AGI: 6+1
INT: 3
AWA: 2+2
PER: 3+2

Skills:

Heal Wounds III
Holy Shield II
Sacred Fire III
Intervention II
Arbenos' Might I
Crusader II
Extra Recovery I
Duel II
Precision Strikes II
Massive Criticals II
HeavyHand II
Body Developement I
Gate II

Armour and Weapons:

Heroic Helm
Blessed Platemail vest
Thuramiam Plate Gauntlets
Amulet of Dark Whispers
Blessed Platemail Leggings
Ironfoot Boots
Blessed Belt of AGI
Iron Will Mantle
Ring of Vitality
Bishop Ring
Spirit Breaker
Shield of Life

I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS. IF YOU TRY AND BEAT THE GAME AT THIS LEVEL WITH A BUILD LIKE THIS, YOU WILL FAIL. (unless you are relatively good at playing this game.)

Last edited: