Tell us when you gain a level - share your character build advancement :)

AndrewJens

Loreseeker
waclawczernobyl":1sodau8p said:
AndrewJens":1sodau8p said:
waclawczernobyl":1sodau8p said:
Just hit Lvl 18
I play as a strength-based cleric, with heavy use of Arbenos Might, Holy Shield and Heal.
Duel II is useful against stronger enemies, and Bloodlust II helps in crowded areas.
Extra Recovery II for mana, though at this point I'm using all 4 recoveries in abbey only.
DPS 26,1 to 49,4
Armor 23 to 38
Resistances depend on where i'm going, but i usually have min. 80-90 of resistance needed in area
Grissenda is invaluable as a companion. Hard to kill, can attack multiple foes at the same time and has nice DPS.
She utilizes Shield Expert III, Fury II, Cleave II, along with Bash II, Resilience II and Whirlwind I. Her base armor is 30, with Resilience activated 39, and DPS vary from 23 to 30 with fury activated.

What's the cloak you use? Is that something that a Rogue can also use? If so, where do you get it? The fact that I've never really upgraded my cloak to anything that great has always bothered me.

It's primeval mantle, I was lucky enough to get it from first primeval bear I've killed (in wyvern mountains to be precise). It's quite nice, as it gives you +1 armor, though I didn't really need +25 cold resistance right now, so I switched to vorator hide mantle ( it also gives +1 armor, along +15 health and +20 against fire - more useful in mausoleum and abbey, where i usually raid). I guess primeval mantle will be more useful once David adds Thuram regions :) And yea, rouge can use it too.

Okay, so I've got to aim for vorator hide mantle. I guess I've killed my fair share of vorators but I've not seen a cloak drop. Do you have a suggestion about how I can get the vorator hide mantle?

waclawczernobyl

AndrewJens":g2xvh6sa said:
waclawczernobyl":g2xvh6sa said:
AndrewJens":g2xvh6sa said:
What's the cloak you use? Is that something that a Rogue can also use? If so, where do you get it? The fact that I've never really upgraded my cloak to anything that great has always bothered me.

It's primeval mantle, I was lucky enough to get it from first primeval bear I've killed (in wyvern mountains to be precise). It's quite nice, as it gives you +1 armor, though I didn't really need +25 cold resistance right now, so I switched to vorator hide mantle ( it also gives +1 armor, along +15 health and +20 against fire - more useful in mausoleum and abbey, where i usually raid). I guess primeval mantle will be more useful once David adds Thuram regions :) And yea, rouge can use it too.

Okay, so I've got to aim for vorator hide mantle. I guess I've killed my fair share of vorators but I've not seen a cloak drop. Do you have a suggestion about how I can get the vorator hide mantle?
It's unique item, drops from Grozza the Insatiable in Lambar Cave, north of Fogas Forest.

AndrewJens

Loreseeker
waclawczernobyl":3uzi27v4 said:
AndrewJens":3uzi27v4 said:
waclawczernobyl":3uzi27v4 said:

It's unique item, drops from Grozza the Insatiable in Lambar Cave, north of Fogas Forest.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot soon.
Cheers,
Andrew.

sephnebulon

Seph Nebulon
Level 18 Warrior

STR 4+1 Gauntlets of Might
END 4+1 Flame Pendant
AGI 6+1 Sup. Belt of Agility
INT 1
AWA 2+1 The Abbots Ring
PER 3+1 The Abbots Ring

Armor 26
Base DPS 39.5 Crit - 12% (25-57)
Enhanced DPS 93.5 (Fury, Bloodlust, Flurry) Crit - 12% (46-105)
Not including Duel or Prec. Strikes or Mass. Crit

Resistances (Change depending what Ring I'm wearing)
Fire - 61 Ice - 16 Shock - 30
Death - 20 Toxic - 65 Spirit - 33

Skills

Whirlwind - II
Resilience - II
Charge - II
Fury - Master
Cleave - II
Duel - II
Flurry - II
Precision Strikes - II
Massive Criticals - II
Heavy hand - II
Bloodlust - I
Battle Rage - (trained, no skill point)

Hank the Mighty

Gabriella
Cleric lvl 16
HP-277 Mana-197
Strength-4+1
Intellect-3+1
Endurance-3+1
Awareness-3
Agility-2
Personality-4+1

Regular Abilities
Heal-3
Arbenos' Might-2
Crusader-2
Nivara's Barrier-3
Thelume's Wisdom-2
Recovery, Gossip, Dungeonering- All 1

Advanced
Summon Wolf-2
Spiritual Ward-3

Equipment
Tiara of the Heavens, Shield of Life, Paladin's Longsword
Blessed Plate Leggings, Sharkskin Boots, Essence Gloves
Necklace of Charm, Ring of Vitality, Ring of Mentalism,
Blessed Belt of Might

Uljan

I tried to level up as 1h/shield warrior and reached level 15, but for some part around level 8-10 I had to focus on light weapons and then reroll a little bit. I've seen with all the characters that around those levels it is hard to find good weapons (while you already have the magma shortsword which is much better). In general I always get a little lost around level 8 and need to reroll or grind always the same areas to get gold and buy some better equipment. Is this only my experience or anybody else have had the same feeling that the game difficulty has a gap between before and after level 8?

subgenius

Yes, I have the same feeling in that 8-10 range. You aren't quite strong enough to go for the next tier of weapons and you're just starting to get advanced skills. I usually end up grinding a bit there too.

With my 2h warrior I worked up enough gold to get the axe of falling stars, then was able to move ahead without too much trouble.

The 1h cleric was able to muscle through fighting primeval bears by level 9 if I was really careful, so that was enough to get an ancient tooth. Then things really picked up.

The rogue interestingly enough didn't have this problem so much. Perhaps its the ease of getting a bluesteel poisoned dagger (had one drop from some thugs in New Garand) and the quicker access to the thief's guild for advanced skills.

Celfious

I got rid of fury once I found I can unlearn skills for good, and added +3 damage to each attack. I use cleave, whirlwind and resilience. Sword and board.

5 STR
4 Endurance

4 recoveries...

Sometimes I feel like a tank cannon, then I run into some thugs or commanders who tear me down lol

Kurdent

Translator
For an unknown reason, I can't do any screenshots on the game.

Level 14 warrior.
HP 309
STR 7 (+2)
END 4
AGI 2
INT 1
AWA 0
PER 3
4 points left for str next level.

Whirlwind I
Resilience I (too lazy to remove it as it doesn't stack with armor pot)
Charge IV (bread and butter)
Fury III
Two handed expert III
Duel II (useful sometimes vs bosses, its bonus resets everytime I use an ability/kite so kinda meh)
Battle Rage II (saving for next tier)
Bloodlust I

Full legion armor.
Maul of Garrak (cruelty sword vs trolls) Sometimes I use Exe axe, but damage are too random.
Girdle of the warrior
Ursan charm
Nivarian Cloak (I'll get the armor cloak one day)
Rings : Ilmaran Signet Ring + Oasis ring otherwise, 2 resist rings.
Unbuffed : 21 armor, 29 dps
Fully buffed : 37 armor, 66 dps.

Hard difficulty so the build is mainly based on buffs and charge IV, dealing 60-100 dmg unbuff (which never occurs) and 150-200 buffed, really great for aoe grinding. Dps is a bit low on single target but not so useful in this game. Maybe I'll get Flurry.
10% stun chance with 2H expertise + Adaon archery III helps a lot for survivabilty on single target, but most of the time, it's just better to kite.