Tell us when you gain a level - share your character build advancement :)

Commiades

I really enjoy the rogue class; I miss skills like Sprint or Trap Master when I play other classes. I'm currently taking a melee rogue, who now level 19. Normally I avoid the Forbidden Pit on Hard until after the Ark, but both the rogue and Hirge really wanted those weapons the Void Lord has.

This time I used Invisibility potions to dodge all but the first Dark Presence (a trick I saw on YouTube); once I made sure that Hirge was tanking it was quite easy. I guess the Void Lord's terror for me is partly an accretion of all the deaths as I was mastering the game (and it is a slog to get to him). I loved going after the King of Korn with the newly liberated weapons!

Commiades

Gwydion shredded the Minotaurs in the Sunken Citadel (courtesy of the Void Lord). And he's now completed SoH before going to the Ark. It was breeze. He reached Lvl 21 in the Elemental Plane of Fire and only has the Ark to do:

STR 3 (4)
END 4 (5)
AGI 9 (10)
INT 3
AWA 3
PER 3

Stab IV
Sneak Attack II
Evasion III
Trap Master I
Sprint III

Flurry III
Precision Strikes II
Massive Criticals II
Assassination III
Magic Training II
Body Development II

With the Shadow Blade against Dragons and the Queen's Heart against the rest it was or of the easiest runs I can remember.

Commiades

A thread I started on the economics of healing got me interested to revisit the 2-H Fury warrior. I decided not to invest in any PER or AGI, but I took INT 3 and AWA 1 for advanced skills (Magical Training and Precision Strikes). I ignored Heavyhand in favour of Whirlwind.

Initially I used Adaon as an archer to give me trap detection. For a while they went under the name of the Electric Company, as Adaon had the Mist Hunter's Bow, and Pwyll had Wild Thunder. Adaon was quite endearing throwing himself on traps, but when I did Grissenda's quest, I just decided she was a better fit. She is able to tank and I like to set her up so that Pwyll gets the flanking bonus.

Fury-boosted Whirlwind III is a sight to behold, I was stunned when he swept away hordes of Beheaded Ones with one shot. I was expecting to be swamped by more of them, but I made my way sedately to the secret door. Such a contrast with the edge-of-the-seat antics of Mages, Clerics and Rogues! However, he is vulnerable to ranged attacks.

Grissenda with a sword and shield is not so convenient a build -- that PER 3 for Infantry Training is a strain. Therefore I decided to flip this build and start a Sword and Shield warrior and use Grissenda with the 2-H weapons. I'd forgotten how resilient shield warriors can be; it really reduces potion use.

I have got this warrior, Manawydan, to level 10. He has Infantry Training II and Duel I. I intend to prioritise END and Body Development to make Fury easier to maintain. He currently has Fury II, but will go for Battle Rage I at some stage.

With eight advanced skill slots, I'll have to forgo Heavyhand for Magical Training. The rest will be Battle Rage, Precision Strikes, Massive Criticals, Flurry, Duel, Infantry Training and Body Development.
Post automatically merged:    

Last month ajay posted:
Started my second rogue on hard because I am unable to get the ending I want with my first. Anywho, hit level 5 and then level 6 and celebrated with getting some deeps.

Nice! How did you get the Troll Cleaver at Level 5? A lot of invisibility potions?

Last edited: