Tell us when you gain a level - share your character build advancement :)

subgenius

Just hit level 16 and until now I've been doing pretty well with an agility cleric on hard that uses a pretty similar setup to Wadda's "stable" build, with the exception of gris as a companion.

I just got the paladin's longsword though, and I'm curious about how to best leverage it. I did a respec that is build more on strength now, but let me know if anyone has ideas on how to get more out of it. DPS is higher now (34.6), but I'm a little concerned about losing the crazy speed of the ancient tooth and the crits it brings. I also lost some armor, but 28 down to 22 doesn't feel like as big a drop as I would have imagined.

Str 8(10)
End 2(3)
Agi 2
Int 1(2)
Awa 1(2)
Per 2(3)

HP 333 MP 108

Paladin's longsword
Chitin shield
Oasis ring
Abbot's ring
Necklace of the depths
Girdle of the warrior
Primeval mantle
Tiara of the heavens
Undermother's hide
Essence gloves
Blessed platemail leggings
Ironfoot boots

Heal 3
Arbeno's might 1
Crusader 3
Nivaria's barrier 2
Thelume's wisdom 1

Duel 2
Heavyhand 2
Precision strikes 2
Massive criticals 3

Sounkeng

subgenius":1i512eqy said:
Just hit level 16 and until now I've been doing pretty well with an agility cleric on hard that uses a pretty similar setup to Wadda's "stable" build, with the exception of gris as a companion.

I just got the paladin's longsword though, and I'm curious about how to best leverage it. I did a respec that is build more on strength now, but let me know if anyone has ideas on how to get more out of it. DPS is higher now (34.6), but I'm a little concerned about losing the crazy speed of the ancient tooth and the crits it brings. I also lost some armor, but 28 down to 22 doesn't feel like as big a drop as I would have imagined.

Str 8(10)
End 2(3)
Agi 2
Int 1(2)
Awa 1(2)
Per 2(3)
I would drop at least 1 point of strength and raise agility 2 points.

This should net you the same benefit damage wise with paladin longsword and net you an additional 2 armor and +10% trap/lock handling with a loss of 16 hp...

Its debatable if this is better... But I think it is.

AndrewJens

Loreseeker
I'm pretty sure that I missed the point of a rogue because I've tried to play the character as a warrior. Speaking of warriors, my companion is a level 19.5 warrior. I use her as a walking shield :D .

Attachments

• 20170217ExiledKingdomsScreenshot.jpg
    20170217ExiledKingdomsScreenshot.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 956

Sounkeng

AndrewJens":3v7zxr01 said:
I'm pretty sure that I missed the point of a rogue because I've tried to play the character as a warrior. Speaking of warriors, my companion is a level 19.5 warrior. I use her a walking shield :D .

Definitely an interesting build... I'd be curious what your skill distribution is.

AndrewJens

Loreseeker
Sounkeng":qp4wi79m said:
AndrewJens":qp4wi79m said:
I'm pretty sure that I missed the point of a rogue because I've tried to play the character as a warrior. Speaking of warriors, my companion is a level 19.5 warrior. I use her a walking shield :D .

Definitely an interesting build... I'd be curious what your skill distribution is.

Stab IV, Stealth I, Sneak Attack I, Kick I, Evasion I, Trap Master I, Archery III, Sprint I, Extra Recovery II, Dungeoneering I, Gossip I, Precision Strikes II, Precision Shots II, Massive Criticals II, Heavyhand I, Bloodlust I, Magical Training I.

I would be interested to hear any suggestions about changing skills (I've never retrained them). I can beat most things I encounter, but fail hopelessly at some things. For example I can't make a dent on the Greater Demon in the Hellish Cave … even if I could avoid burning to death before I have much of a go.

Sounkeng

AndrewJens":1843u4u9 said:
Stab IV, Stealth I, Sneak Attack I, Kick I, Evasion I, Trap Master I, Archery III, Sprint I, Extra Recovery II, Dungeoneering I, Gossip I, Precision Strikes II, Precision Shots II, Massive Criticals II, Heavyhand I, Bloodlust I, Magical Training I.

I would be interested to hear any suggestions about changing skills (I've never retrained them). I can beat most things I encounter, but fail hopelessly at some things. For example I can't make a dent on the Greater Demon in the Hellish Cave … even if I could avoid burning to death before I have much of a go.

Do you like playing a mix of melee/ archer build?

For most builds it is more worthwhile to choose to do either one or the other.

I think in terms of making a melee strength build rogue I would probably do something like this:

I would re spec like this:
Str 7+2
End 2+1
Agi 6
Int 2+1
Awa 2+1
Per 2+1

Stab 3
Stealth 1
Sneak attack 3 (this takes some moving around trying to flank bosses opposite grisenda to make worthwhile)
Evasion 1
Precision strikes 2
Massive criticals 3
Heavy hand 3
Bloodlust 2
Flurry 3
Extra Recovery 2

AndrewJens

Loreseeker
Sounkeng":jewmqupe said:
AndrewJens":jewmqupe said:

Do you like playing a mix of melee/ archer build?

For most builds it is more worthwhile to choose to do either one or the other.

I think in terms of making a melee strength build rogue I would probably do something like this:

I would re spec like this:
Str 7+2
End 2+1
Agi 6
Int 2+1
Awa 2+1
Per 2+1

Stab 3
Stealth 1
Sneak attack 3 (this takes some moving around trying to flank bosses opposite grisenda to make worthwhile)
Evasion 1
Precision strikes 2
Massive criticals 3
Heavy hand 3
Bloodlust 2
Flurry 3
Extra Recovery 2

Thanks for the feedback; I'll muck around with things. I'm surprised you don't include "Kick"? I find it useful to buy some time and sometimes wonder if I shouldn't have gone to a higher Kick level?

I think I've got used to tossing arrows while Grissenda does the nasty work out front. When something gets through I usually make an attempt to move a short distance and continue with the arrows. If that isn't going to work I quickly press the button that swaps to a sword followed immediately by the "Stab" button and then just plough in as I imagine a warrior would do. If I sense that arrows aren't going to cut it for long (e.g. against a very strong opponent) I go in first with the sword, and yes, try to get on the other side from Grissenda (hoping to see "Flanked" come up).

I do fantasise about a "frightened" trait in opponents that would mean they would tend to leave me alone as I walk around if, say, they were more than a certain number of levels below me. It's just so tedious to have to take the time to dispatch wolves, goblins, weaker orcs et.al., and I'm really no longer interested in the handful of points/coins or tawdry drops they provide. I've taken to ignoring most of the lowly things as I walk/run past … which tends to generate a long stream of trailing enemies as I head towards the edge of the map.

waclawczernobyl

Just hit Lvl 18
I play as a strength-based cleric, with heavy use of Arbenos Might, Holy Shield and Heal.
Duel II is useful against stronger enemies, and Bloodlust II helps in crowded areas.
Extra Recovery II for mana, though at this point I'm using all 4 recoveries in abbey only.
DPS 26,1 to 49,4
Armor 23 to 38
Resistances depend on where i'm going, but i usually have min. 80-90 of resistance needed in area
Grissenda is invaluable as a companion. Hard to kill, can attack multiple foes at the same time and has nice DPS.
She utilizes Shield Expert III, Fury II, Cleave II, along with Bash II, Resilience II and Whirlwind I. Her base armor is 30, with Resilience activated 39, and DPS vary from 23 to 30 with fury activated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170221-180336-a.jpg
    Screenshot_20170221-180336-a.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 902
  • Screenshot_20170221-180342-a.jpg
    Screenshot_20170221-180342-a.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 902
  • Screenshot_20170221-180317-a.jpg
    Screenshot_20170221-180317-a.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 902

AndrewJens

Loreseeker
waclawczernobyl":1nlynj4g said:
Just hit Lvl 18
I play as a strength-based cleric, with heavy use of Arbenos Might, Holy Shield and Heal.
Duel II is useful against stronger enemies, and Bloodlust II helps in crowded areas.
Extra Recovery II for mana, though at this point I'm using all 4 recoveries in abbey only.
DPS 26,1 to 49,4
Armor 23 to 38
Resistances depend on where i'm going, but i usually have min. 80-90 of resistance needed in area
Grissenda is invaluable as a companion. Hard to kill, can attack multiple foes at the same time and has nice DPS.
She utilizes Shield Expert III, Fury II, Cleave II, along with Bash II, Resilience II and Whirlwind I. Her base armor is 30, with Resilience activated 39, and DPS vary from 23 to 30 with fury activated.

What's the cloak you use? Is that something that a Rogue can also use? If so, where do you get it? The fact that I've never really upgraded my cloak to anything that great has always bothered me.

waclawczernobyl

AndrewJens":3jgh3e3u said:
waclawczernobyl":3jgh3e3u said:
Just hit Lvl 18
DPS 26,1 to 49,4
Armor 23 to 38

What's the cloak you use? Is that something that a Rogue can also use? If so, where do you get it? The fact that I've never really upgraded my cloak to anything that great has always bothered me.

It's primeval mantle, I was lucky enough to get it from first primeval bear I've killed (in wyvern mountains to be precise). It's quite nice, as it gives you +1 armor, though I didn't really need +25 cold resistance right now, so I switched to vorator hide mantle ( it also gives +1 armor, along +15 health and +20 against fire - more useful in mausoleum and abbey, where i usually raid). I guess primeval mantle will be more useful once David adds Thuram regions :) And yea, rouge can use it too.