How to? Summoner Mage build

How to do something?

kr_harvino

Hi guys, I'm planning to make my mage a staff & summoner build.

I just reached Icemist and going to get the earth mastery and summoner.

These are my current skills and traits.

Do you guys have any tips on what skills to get (other than earth mastery and summoner) and whether i should respec or not?

Basileus

Hello! :)
I think that you are doing great. Your traits and skills are looking solid. So, imo, there is no need to respec.

I don`t see your character`s level, but I would suggest getting Earth Mastery (II) and Summoner (III) first.
Judging by that maxed Staff Mastery, I suppose you like shooting with your staff. If so, get Precision Shots. Massive Criticals are good as well, especially combined with precision shots, and I would take them, but they have Strength 3 as their prerequisite, so its debatable.

There is a relatively new skill - Death Cloud and this one is really amazing, as it can be used both offensively and defensively. Just 1 skill point put into this skill may be enough to save your mage from dying one day. And when it`s maxed it makes your Staff of the Dead Kings even better than it already is.

Among other advanced skills to consider are: Arcanist, Mage Barrier, Combustion, Body Development, Disintegrate. As I`ve said, you already have a nice foundation with your current build, so any of those skills are just going to make it better. Pick them according to your playstyle, that completely depends on your personal preference.
Hope that was helpful to you! Good luck with your mage 🧙‍♀️

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
My favorite build is the Muud'ari Engineer!
Electricity and robots!
Iron Golem + Summoner
Lightning Bolt + Mage Barrier

Mage Barrier is my favorite spell in the game. 240 (6x40) shock damage + stun + push. No other spell or attack deals that much damage, it's crazy good. Also, Body Development has great synergy with Mage Barrier late game.

With Staff Mastery and a good collection of pure elemental staves, this build has been the most powerful I've played in EK, all classes included. By far.
Post automatically merged:    

PS: Go get the AMULET OF WHISPERS immediately! That's an order! ;) You don't have to defeat the lich, just steal her stuff and go get the amulet. Also, you'll get the ruby key that will unlock 20 000 gold coins and the most powerful death staff in the game. :D

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
The Amulet of Dark Whispers is a near must-have for mages. It's the only way for mages to get stun immunity. And a stunned mage, is quickly a dead mage.

As for your advanced skills, based on what you said you want, Earth Mastery and Summoner are obvious choices.
Body Development can help make your mage a little more robust. It requires END 4. Body Development also pairs well with Massive Critical (Massive critical requires STR 3).

For mages, I think Precision Shots is more useful than Massive Critical, but that's a personal choice. I often invest 1 skill point in each at first, than put 2 into Precision shots. Late game, might increase massive critical.

1 skill point in Death Cloud can be useful as a defensive tactic, plus extra damage when using death weapons. Since it lowers a monster's resistance to all death attacks, it can even help your companion if he or she is using a death weapon, too.

1 skill point in Mage Barrier can be useful as a defensive tactic, the push back will help keep you from getting trapped by a mob. Investing more points gives you more wiggle room and some extra damage for attackers.

kr_harvino

This is how it looks now....

I am at level 16 now.
I got earth mastery I and Summoner II
I use caduceus of scorching almost everytime so i decided to get arcanist 1 as well (so i had to get endurance to 3)
Also got mage barrier 1.
I'll level those up as i get more skill points.

Are the Agility 3 and Awareness 2 waste of points? Im thinking if i should put those in Intelligence as well...

VDX_360

Staff member
I like Arcanist 1. It's a nice balance between skill points and mana use. It lets you use a wide range of staves without charging you mana per shot, plus takes the edge off the more mana intensive weapons when you switch to them for a boss fight.

VDX_360

Staff member
Keep AGL 4, and AWA 2. Those help. In fact, get AWA 3.

AWA 2 helps with several quests, plus a small attack bonus. AWA 3 is needed if you want to go peaceful ending of game (need AWA 5, but you can find several AWA 2 items).

AGL 4 gives an attack bonus and a defense bonus (plus a quest or two). Plus, helps with traps.