Summon Wolf Advance Skill

ArrowsFTW

I really like the Summon Wolf Advance Skill for the Clerics. Perhaps it would be great if each class can summon a signature companion and will evolve when you raise their skill points
Clerics-Wolves>Ice Wolves
Warriors-Troll>Elder Troll
Rogues-Imps>Flamedancer
Mage-wolves,troll,imps and more (makes sense because mages are meant to cast alot of things.)

Sounkeng

Clerics sort of need this kind of boon... So their minions should be superior/ more.

However, the idea is kinda fun. However, ideally if I were to adopt your idea I would change it.

Rogues-->wolves
cleric-->crusader (human, basically a summon-able version of the mercenary that can be upgraded to something a little better than the highest level mercenary)
Warrior-->... I don't actually see warriors getting one
Wizard-->Golem (upgrades)

Alnath

I don't agree that every class should be able to summon a companion, as it doesn't seem to make much sense roleplaying-wise. Warriors and rogues don't have any mana and summoning is a magical ability. Also, wolves would be more appropiate for a druid than a cleric to be honest, but I don't know which creature would make more sense for the cleric. Maybe some kind of humanoid spirit sent by the three? Sort of a benevolent ghost that is specially good fighting evil spirits. It could be translucent like ghosts but goldenish. The mage should definitely summon elementals and golems, and my guess is, once it's released, it will.

ArrowsFTW

Sounkeng":3j8msbrb said:
Clerics sort of need this kind of boon... So their minions should be superior/ more.

However, the idea is kinda fun. However, ideally if I were to adopt your idea I would change it.

Rogues-->wolves
cleric-->crusader (human, basically a summon-able version of the mercenary that can be upgraded to something a little better than the highest level mercenary)
Warrior-->... I don't actually see warriors getting one
Wizard-->Golem (upgrades)
Well I would love to change the wolf for the Clerics but David already implemented it so idk if you can change that. But if he changes his mind something like this could be done
Cleric-Ghost and it will evolve into Death Knight

I do agree that wolves are more fitting for Rogues and Ghosts for Clerics

ArrowsFTW

Alnath":unxas57m said:
I don't agree that every class should be able to summon a companion, as it doesn't seem to make much sense roleplaying-wise. Warriors and rogues don't have any mana and summoning is a magical ability. Also, wolves would be more appropiate for a druid than a cleric to be honest, but I don't know which creature would make more sense for the cleric. Maybe some kind of humanoid spirit sent by the three? Sort of a benevolent ghost that is specially good fighting evil spirits. It could be translucent like ghosts but goldenish. The mage should definitely summon elementals and golems, and my guess is, once it's released, it will.
Mana less classes can use items that require magic with the use of the Magical Training Advance Skill that uses their HP instead...

Alnath

Okay, that sounds better. I thought you were suggesting to make it a skill with no mana requirement. So in the warrior and rogue cases, one would summon a companion for some hp. I still don't like it much but it makes more sense.

Vaaclav

Translator
ArrowsFTW":29qgk1k3 said:
Ghost for cleric? It does not give sense - undead one helps cleric (man with power to kill undead more easily than others)? It is really insane.

ArrowsFTW

Vaaclav":in1u6o4y said:
ArrowsFTW":in1u6o4y said:
Ghost for cleric? It does not give sense - undead one helps cleric (man with power to kill undead more easily than others)? It is really insane.
A holy ghost that has spirit damage

Cainus

Vaaclav is right, ghost is a ghost, undead is undead.. Ghost is not fit for Cleric but maybe could be a little shiny fairies :p

Vaaclav

Translator
Cainus":28riu329 said:
Vaaclav is right, ghost is a ghost, undead is undead.. Ghost is not fit for Cleric but maybe could be a little shiny fairies :p

... how it is said in latin?

In nominae patrii et filii et spiriti sanctii?

I think that those words are as I wrote above (but I am not sure if exactly). And (free) translation into English is:

In the name of father, son and saint spirit?

So, instead ghost I would use word spirit. And spirit may have various form too - from glowing entity (like Ascended from StarGate or so) to very physical person.