Suggestion to Archaelund

Someone of Myros

We all know there is a lot of decisions in EK that should have a big impact in Archaelund, so my suggestion is:

In the "Start Screen", when you choose NEW GAME, it would appear 2 options: "Preset Settings" and "Set New Game (WARNING: Just choose this if you played EK)". Choosing the second one would show you a lot options to set to YES or NO, that options are the decisions in the EK.

I want this thread to be used to make some examples about which would be that options, remember: when propose a decision, say how it would change the world of Archaelund. I will start:

1 Did you complete Hirge quest?
If no, the ghosts would be freed, and Nivaria would be remembered in the game as a cursed kingdom, or how Arbenos fought again to save Nivaria .
If yes, Hirge would have implemented a government that influenced how Nivaria acts in nowadays.

2 Did you free Syllara?
*If yes, Thuram would be in constant war against the witches and magic beasts (or even ruled by Syllara, the Varannar Thuram at least), or maybe Arbenos defeated her as well
*If no, she is still in that statue (or not)

3 Did you complete the Grissenda quest?
*If yes, the Azaph became a influent house in Andoria (even the current king/queen is from that house).
*If no, the game would say about a event where the Storms and Azaphs were destroyed by vampires, and how these monsters were defetead by the union of all the nobles and the king, like the war against Mercia, said by Whitewater

4 Did you give the crown to Tol
*If yes, then nobody in nowadays knows about it.
*If no, the Loreseekers (or another guild) is behind it (maybe in the war against the ghosts, Nivaria lost the Bishop's corpse and the crown, or even Syllara is behind it to finally rule Varannar). Or even, Varannar was destroyed by undeads (it was said that they were appearing even more, one day they were so numerous that something like the Horrors happened).

5 Did you do the Princess of the Sea Quest?
If yes:
6 Did you had...a night of pleasure with the princess?
*If yes (like me), there would be a king/queen of the batrax that is descendent of the unknown adventurer (and could be explained if the adventurer assumed or not his son/daughter in the past).
*If no, would be shown in the game that the begins of the alliance with the humans and batrax started thanks to the unknown adventurer.

7 Did you become a Legendary Hero in all (possible) kingdoms?
*If no, the unknown adventurer keeps being an unknown adventurer.
*If yes, the unknown isn't so unknown, you will have the option to determine who was his/her class, and depending of the class, some guilds or kingdoms became very influent (a little more than they would usually be in the game).
●Warrior: the guild of warriors and Mercia become more influent than the usual
●Rogue: the Seventh House (or its "descendent") become more influent than the usual
●Mage: the guild of mages and Thuram become more influent than the usual (and this could change the situation of Thuram in the war against Syllara)
●Clerig: the curch of the three and Nivaria become more influent than the usual
●Anyone: the batrax and the Varsilia (if the king/queen is from Azaph house) become more influent than the usual

That's all I can think, if I remember I will add, and you, what decision would you put?

Last edited:

VDX_360

Staff member
While I can appreciate the desire for continuity between games, the proposed suggestions might be a bit beyond the capacity for a small team. In addition, it's not clear how any thing on the first game will impact the second game, which takes places hundreds of years later on a different part of the world.

In addition, letting the player choose YES/NO, rather than having his or her game file make the decisions, defeats the purpose of continuity.

Someone of Myros

I see, but I thought YES/NO would be easier than export a game file (something similar in TW3, where you can simulate TW2 choices when you are in Vizima's castle and are interrogated), sorry.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I appreciate the idea, and for a while I thought about something similar in the very early design, but as the concept evolved into a full-scale RPG it was obvious it can't happen. Tol is already a God integrated in the Pantheon, for instance, and a lot of the world lore revolves around that. If this was a direct sequel and I just had to take into account a few decisions affecting a couple quests, it would be different.

BOSTACH

It would be really satisfying to see evil individuals have some connections to each others, maybe we could get the chance to help someone who's actually evil and seeks the destruction to a kingdom or set the witches and beasts free

Someone of Myros

I appreciate the idea, and for a while I thought about something similar in the very early design, but as the concept evolved into a full-scale RPG it was obvious it can't happen. Tol is already a God integrated in the Pantheon, for instance, and a lot of the world lore revolves around that. If this was a direct sequel and I just had to take into account a few decisions affecting a couple quests, it would be different.
Ok, it makes sense, should've thought that you already have almost all of the history made.

But I still wanna know if that princess Batrax became pregnant or no, and if the adventurer assumed it. 😉