Suggestion: map marker for wizard towers

VDX_360

Staff member
Given what else is marked on the in-game map, it seems little map markers for the wizard towers would be a simple and helpful way-finding tool. Just a little dot would do.

vo1d

I'd suggest to re-work those towers completely.
First they shouldn't be outside towns, it's just inconvenient and makes no sense. Maybe there is some reason for that I'm not aware of - for instance, according to the main story towns will close their gates for you, and the wilderness will become extremely dangerous due to hellspawns, or something like this - then it makes sense to place them outside. Otherwise it just makes me waste more time walking. :)
Second it would be cool to not just get access to all of them, but instead unlock them one by one. Like it was in Morrowind for those Dunmer fortress teleporters...
Finally, those towers could provide other teleportation/telekinetic services. Access chests in your house from far away, recall companion, report completed towhall quest to the quest giver etc - wizard could help you with all these boring things... for a fee :)

ZeroesHero

Dialogue options seem to indicate you will be able to purchase things from these towers at some point. I'm hoping enchanting items will be available from them as well.

As for their location outside of towns...Wizards aren't trusted in the kingdoms outside of Thuram. But they are wanted for their services of fast traveling(only one available to us currently) and other magical services (not currently available). So they are close to towns, but not in them.

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
I suggest to add merchants selling maps, purchasing and use this should reveal whole map of one area with dots (wizard tower, dungeon).
I think, special map/letter/riddle leading to hidden treasure is good idea ;-)

Celfious

anything to help transportation being less confusing the better. I know my way very well to 4 towns and 3 wizard towers at the moment.

ZeroesHero

Celfious":2npzzd3s said:
anything to help transportation being less confusing the better. I know my way very well to 4 towns and 3 wizard towers at the moment.

Wizard towers are used for traveling from kingdom to kingdom. Boats travel along rivers or coastline (check your map for an idea of where you can travel to from where you are). Scrolls of recall teleport you to nearest town.

Kind of generic info there. Any specific things confusing you?

Celfious

the only confusing part is the map being normal and the actual game being like diagonal but this is no complaint. I just suffer personally from sense of direction sometimes. It actually feels good when i achieve familiarity.

Celfious

ZeroesHero":1i86g3kp said:
Celfious":1i86g3kp said:

Wizard towers are used for traveling from kingdom to kingdom. Boats travel along rivers or coastline (check your map for an idea of where you can travel to from where you are). Scrolls of recall teleport you to nearest town.

Kind of generic info there. Any specific things confusing you?
thanks by the way. Even though it's captain obvious info, it helped me out.

Kudos to the name of town Kingsbridge, being it has a bridge over bluemist river lol