Suggestion: Make conduits a true traveling network

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Currently, imperial conduits work only one way, i.e. back to the city. That's totally fine when your party is exhausted and needs a good rest. But the way back to wherever you want to continue your quest is often very, very long, especially since the city is in the corner of the Peninsula. The announced introduction of Recall scrolls won't change that, at least not if they work similar to the ones in EK, because they also bring you back to town, but not back into the wilderness.

My suggestion is to make the conduits a true (local) network which allows traveling between any two conduits back and forth. So if you interact with one, you get a list of all the conduits you already discovered (by interacting at least once with them) and select your target. I guess this list should be limited to the conduits within one region, to keep it short and clear, and to prevent excessive loading times. And maybe the WP cost should be a bit higher when not using the default route back to the city.

But irrespective of how this mechanism is implemented in detail, it would make life much easier once you explored the whole map and want to finish all the open quests and avoided battles scattered throughout the area. In combination with transportation options for longer distances (like ship routes connection distant cities), this would allow for a rather effective traveling without having your lungs constantly burning from running like a maniac.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Currently, imperial conduits work only one way, i.e. back to the city. That's totally fine when your party is exhausted and needs a good rest. But the way back to wherever you want to continue your quest is often very, very long, especially since the city is in the corner of the Peninsula. The announced introduction of Recall scrolls won't change that, at least not if they work similar to the ones in EK, because they also bring you back to town, but not back into the wilderness.

My suggestion is to make the conduits a true (local) network which allows traveling between any two conduits back and forth. So if you interact with one, you get a list of all the conduits you already discovered (by interacting at least once with them) and select your target. I guess this list should be limited to the conduits within one region, to keep it short and clear, and to prevent excessive loading times. And maybe the WP cost should be a bit higher when not using the default route back to the city.

But irrespective of how this mechanism is implemented in detail, it would make life much easier once you explored the whole map and want to finish all the open quests and avoided battles scattered throughout the area. In combination with transportation options for longer distances (like ship routes connection distant cities), this would allow for a rather effective traveling without having your lungs constantly burning from running like a maniac.

I'll add a Rank II Gateway spell, (also scrolls) that will allow you to choose a destination Conduit that is in the same region (or its dungeons). I believe that'll be enough. If not, I'll consider new options.

Darteous

I was thinking it'd be cool if a follow up quest to finding the orb for the town is finding out it's an ancient conduit tool and being able to turn it back on with the loreseekers help mid game thus gaining more fame in the town, maybe a house purchase option?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I was thinking it'd be cool if a follow up quest to finding the orb for the town is finding out it's an ancient conduit tool and being able to turn it back on with the loreseekers help mid game thus gaining more fame in the town, maybe a house purchase option?

It is something else, so I am afraid not, but indeed there will be similar quests to what you described.

Kuratha

Staff member
If anything, implement a greater WP cost to specify locations

I like this and would further add that you need to pass the Skill check AND have an extra increased WP cost to specify a location.