STUNNED

S.U.W.

How do I avoid or minimize how often my warrior is being stunned by enemies ? Is using a shield the only way to effectively avoid this ?

I am a level 22 Warrior fighting 2 handed and I am constantly being stunned by lower level enemies. I am wearing all Legion Platemail and am way stronger than the enemies stunning me all the time.

Any ideas?

Dimidium

Stun is a powerful effect and characters must have resistance to it in the later game or they won't last long!

I have mine around 65 and I still manage to get stunned by some monsters.

S.U.W.

Dimidium":2owq9lys said:
Stun is a powerful effect and characters must have resistance to it in the later game or they won't last long!

Well that sucks. My Spirit resistance or whatever is only at +5. I had no idea that it had anything to do stun resistance. There is no was of knowing that. I had no idea what the sun icon even meant for the longest time. There's no information about the various symbols anywhere in your menu.

So now the only way for me to boost this is to find a better cloak or pendant/charm with some Spirit resistance. Hopefully some become available in the new update because there is nothing available right now.

Jahiko

There's a new passive skill now that helps with that... i think Check the Cleric Guild in NG

S.U.W.

Dimidium":213ys07z said:

How is your Spirit resistance so high ? What are you using personally ? And are you a Warrior?

Someone mentioned something about the clerics guild but I'm not a cleric and belong to the warriors guild. All the amulets in the wiki that could help aren't available due to selling them after quests. I'm not down with sword and shield so using a shield to amplify stun resistance isn't an option.

All my other resistances to varied elements are good based on what I've got equipped.

I wish there was a way to just buy resistance points or something somewhere.

feldon

Loreseeker
S.U.W.":2fnzc16s said:
Dimidium":2fnzc16s said:

How is your Spirit resistance so high ? What are you using personally ? And are you a Warrior?

Someone mentioned something about the clerics guild but I'm not a cleric and belong to the warriors guild. All the amulets in the wiki that could help aren't available due to selling them after quests. I'm not down with sword and shield so using a shield to amplify stun resistance isn't an option.

All my other resistances to varied elements are good based on what I've got equipped.

I wish there was a way to just buy resistance points or something somewhere.
I believe the new Ursan charm offers spirit res.

As for being able to 'buy' res, it is somewhat possible. Head to New Ant and speak with Jachimo and take his quest. He will need flowers that can be found in easy areas (though finding them can be tough, pm me for some locations). After that you can accumulate as many potions as you're willing to grind for.

Not going to lie, you might want to consider a one-time build change to handle a particularly nasty creature you will encounter south of New Ant while trying to finish off Jach's quest.