Struggling with Stormknights in Call of Blood

Rachel

I am a level 16 rogue, and saw videos of people clearing Call of Blood at lower levels, so I was sure I would be fine. But I can't even kill the first 2 Stormknights after provoking Dobros. At the start of the battle, I have my rogue and Grissenda take Potion of Lesser Shielding, and then I have my rogue do Evasion, but it seems like I do very little damage (armed with an Icicle and a Flaming Hatchet) and can't take healing potions quickly enough. They make short work of both of us. Is this quest just too hard for a rogue of my level? Am I doing something wrong?

Molokot

It is one of more challenging places, if u have problems, just go farm couple more levels and get better gear for grisenda. Those initial storm knights are not the most dificult obstacles there :p Hope you have save before entering that place. Also come there well prepared with lot of good healing potions. YYou can go to fre city and farm outlaws around there for expensive loot+ if you go north there is a camp with some rogue soldiers and dekurion and they have treasure box with good loot , that can be farmed repeatedly. You can get there assasin armor parts for yourself and some mercian armor plates for grisenda. And In free city there are hand merchants that sell very good gloves for warriors and rogues+ cheap health potions. Just you need positive rep with them . Check wiki or figure it out yourself.

Last edited:

Arcanmaster

Best weapon for CoB is Justice and Magma Dagger (or Dancing Flame). Enemies in CoB is weak to fire and there are a lot of undead.
Take shield(deadwood, life, sailor) or dirk of the gambler instead of mist hunters' hatchet. There aren't fire damage so drop that potions.
there are physic, death, cold, toxic, and shock damage, so take equipment with this resistances.
It may be easier to kill Chief Baabu for Spirit Cleaver than final fight in CoB, if you want 2h griss.

Ares Voss

I usually go there in lvl 15 warrior not 2-handed but I stock with 40-50 Greater Healing Potions and of course with 2-handed Duelist Healer Hirge by my side with Scrolls of Restoration at hand my gears were
Lightning Blade/Justice, Scutum, Mercian Full Set Armor, Warriors Belt, Ring of Vitality, Ring of Endurance/Bishop's Ring, and Amulet of Dark Wispers
Hirge has Half Blessed chain half Blessed Platemail sets Justice we switch from time to time and Hero's Sheild, Tiara of Heavens, Necklace of Charm, Ring of Oasis, Ring of Mentalism
It took me nearly an hour to clear both the Castle and The Vampire Tomb Lmao I died like 5 times 🤣🤣

Rachel

Thank you all for the great advice.
Ares Voss, this is a naive question, but how do you have Hirge at your side when this is Grissenda's quest? Can I have two companions at once? I always assumed I could only have one.

Molokot

2h grisenda is best companion, just you need to show her some love and give her books and gear :p That sword from giant boss is a good idea.
Also leaarn yourself magic use skill from new garand librarians and it will allow you to use resurect scrolls, it is cheapest and most eficient healing option on high levels. You arent there yet , but its just a matter of time .

Ares Voss

Oh gosh I misstyped it blasted Hornswagglers I am sorry for the misunderstanding I did this 4 moons ago so my memory is bit cranky same with not playing EK for awhile now