Stacking Paralysis and Stun

B_Dwendal

Hi all, I'm trying to make a stun-based assassin build and I was wondering if I could use the Devourer's Stinger and a stunning off-hand(be it a dirk or fang, whatever). Do they proc independently or is one kinda dominant? I wanna increase my chance of incampacitating right away. I'm asking now since I couldn't seem to find any other thread on this subject.
Cheers!

Last edited:

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
This makes it especially good on fast weapons, with Flurry, etc.

By the way, you can get something similar with the Rogue with a bow too. Archery (stun chance), Rapid Fire (faster fire), and Jesters Bow (very fast bow). If you want to focus your main PC on melee Assassin, you can still do this to Adaon for a very sympathetic, assassinistic, stun-lock synergy with you.

B_Dwendal

This makes it especially good on fast weapons, with Flurry, etc.
Yeah that thought got me to start this build, the speed stuns
Post automatically merged:    

Yeah that thought got me to start this build, the speed stuns
Also is there an efficient way to grind the stinger cos God am I in pain. Rn I run the left-most hall of the Mine and reload the dungeon.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
LOL the one downside is grinding the Devourer Sting. I recommend the Bloodied Scarf and lightning damage (Devourers are vulnerable to it) so Lightning Dirk might help fit in with that. But basically you have to clear out that dungeon over, and over, and over. No short cuts!

Of course your next goal will be Shadow Blade. Good luck with THAT though.

B_Dwendal

LOL the one downside is grinding the Devourer Sting. I recommend the Bloodied Scarf and lightning damage (Devourers are vulnerable to it) so Lightning Dirk might help fit in with that. But basically you have to clear out that dungeon over, and over, and over. No short cuts!

Of course your next goal will be Shadow Blade. Good luck with THAT though.
Oh my god I completely forgot about that sword... I don't wanna grind anymore I'm gonna cry.
Thanks for reminding me of the scarf tho.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Unfortunately Death damage is pretty badly implemented in this game making it far less reliably useful than it should be. It's basically a type of damage to be actively avoided. Unfortunately.

B_Dwendal

Unfortunately Death damage is pretty badly implemented in this game making it far less reliably useful than it should be. It's basically a type of damage to be actively avoided. Unfortunately.
Yea I noticed a bit since I'm rocking the Stiletto, but still, upgrades are upgrades I guess.
Of course I'm not using it in the Crypt now, gonna give the Icicle a go.
Post automatically merged:    

Hey wait how do I do the Crypt?
Never done it before, I flipped the secret lever but I'm not sure what should happen.
EDIT:So I got the key, that was an experience.
Nastur got spanked lol
Thanks for your advice I'll get back to grinding now. :)

Last edited:

ajay

Another assassin's stun would be the 25% chance to stun from Sneak Attack III. It's only 1 sec and requires flanking but can be nasty with flurry and Hirge tanking.

Keep on grinding the Stinger, it will drop. My first one took around 20 runs. It is a lower dps weapon once you are at the level you can grind it, but it offers so much control against bosses. Make sure to sleep to reload the mines.