Stacking of trait bonuses from equipment

Vaaclav

Translator
Hard to say why trait bonuses from equipment are not stacked (maybe that because there is planned some equipment with very high bonuses, but who knows?) but it would be good to allow stacking of trait bonuses from equipment, at least partially (up to some number, or better from items of different type - it means from ring and belt or ring and helm but not from two rings).

Still, I think (I am almost sure) that bonuses are simply bonuses. And most equipment has more important qualities than trait bonuses (or so). For example, Tiara of the Heavens. It increases intellect of 1 - but I think that main quality is in increasing of shock resistance of 20.

Also, I don't know how much items have any trait bonuses but currently I am in situation that two items have the same trait bonus for the first time. And I play very long time.

Those two items are Tiara of the Heavens and Ring of Unlife. Also Ring of Unlife has else important qualities than trait bonuses (endurance and intellect) - death resistance and Spirit resistance.

VDX_360

Staff member
Given the impact traits have on quest options, allowing stacking of trait bonuses from equipment might undermine the importance of trait development as it would allow equipment to be temporarily selected.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Also, don't forget you can have only 10 in any trait. So, stacking combined with other factors would be a bit overpowering. At least that's how I see it.

Anyway, that certainly is David's intentional decision and he may change his mind, if he decide so.