St. Admus secret doors

VDX_360

Staff member
Had to run a new character through the Abbey. One of the secret doors is Level 35, so it's not shocking it's very hard to trigger. Only was able to check one door (the one to the hellish cave route). The character isn't ready to trigger other quests.

1cor1613

VDX_360":3banc966 said:
Do you remember the level of the secret door? would have been in the combat log?
And I'm not sure of the exact time between each secret door check, I THINK 3 seconds is the span, but that could be very outdated.

The only one that popped says 23. Just waited again for a while (You can see the time in the screenshots). Time to go get some scrolls and refight these corrupted sabrecats. :roll:

1cor1613

VDX_360":le0lhi0i said:
Had to run a new character through the Abbey. One of the secret doors is Level 35, so it's not shocking it's very hard to trigger. Only was able to check one door (the one to the hellish cave route). The character isn't ready to trigger other quests.

Ah, ok. I appreciate the effort of checking for me!

VDX_360

Staff member
The one in the screen shot you posted is the same one I checked, and it was Level 35 for me. Popped on the first scroll through.

Sounkeng

My memory is that particular secret door is one of the hardest in the game... I haven't checked combat logs for levels but it always feels like the most challenging one.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It is very possible to have a 0% chance, there is not a minimum % chance. So waiting hours doesn't guarantee success.

Kuratha

Staff member
For me, every secret door has been found while in motion. Generally, if I know where the location of the door is supposed to be, I'll run against the wall where the door is. (Running in place). If I don't know where there's a door but suspect that there is one, I'll run at a slight angle to a wall (slowly running in a direction).

As everyone else has mentioned, St. Abby's is a beast place to survive in. Using a scroll of detection might be your easiest/best bet. Otherwise, best of luck~!

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":kk1y2vwu said:
It is very possible to have a 0% chance, there is not a minimum % chance. So waiting hours doesn't guarantee success.
Just to add the numbers: When you are level 20 and the level of the door is 35, then the level difference is 15. There is a 3% malus on perception for every level you are lower than the door (at least this is what David told us once). So if your perception base value is at 15%, then you effectively have a 15%-15*3%=-30% chance of finding the secret door. Congratulations! As David is a nice guy I guess he cuts that off at 0%, which, however, doesn't help you very much.

Interesting side note: While the level malus has no limit until hitting the bottom 0%, a level bonus (if your level is higher than that of the door or trap) is limited to +15% iirc. Isn't he really a nice guy. ;)