[Spoilers!!] My Ironman Experience

SirDonkalot

first thing i wanna say - you know the game is made by a gamer - you feel the passion when the pieces were put together

First few seconds into the tutorial it felt like - "meh, kinda dull"
After you get into the first town getting that open world feeling - "ok, i can dig that, lets see and buy it"
Once you explore and get into your character - addicted to the game :mrgreen:

I started the game as an ironman as soon as possible and it didnt let me down - it felt like i played the little brother of diablo 2 hardcore mode , with the fresh feeling not knowing what might kill you in the end.

Having those adrenalin bumps once you were attached to your character and facing dangerous situations like bosses, monster masses or well hidden traps that hit you for alot while being somewhat low on hp...

My 4 ironman Deaths were
1. getting spiked in a doungen while being greedy not using one of those expensive potions... :roll:
2. When you were put into prison - with nothing on - no idea were to go getting teamed by guards
3. wandering around and deciding to start the jabal grotto quest while being low on potions. I had a feeling thats not really trustworthy when the spiderdude let you in there -"but the developer wouldnt trap you in there - right? " :mrgreen:
i knew i would die as soon as the extra loud lever sound appears and the door shut behind. i paniked...
4. When you entered the tower to charge the key with fire - after killing the boss there i was ready to enter the final room with flames to loot the chests, and the fire one banged me on 2xx hp - and instant again after invention healing. it felt like a bug because it didnt happen again later :?

Thats my review , cant wait for future updates , keep the trend :D

feldon

Loreseeker
Kudos on the runs. Not sure too many people have made it to the Tower twice on ironman. The grotto death is the one that would have really gotten me. I felt bad enough when the trap was sprung, and I had no recovery left, on normal...

I still miss my D2 Nero with full Trang-ouls set on Hardcore...

abstractsense

Loreseeker
I'm about to hit level 9 on my Ironman melee Rogue, and I'm scared about doing some of the end game material. It's so much more nasty.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
The game was originally designed to be played like this, heh.

Great runs there.

SirDonkalot

Thanks for the feedback,

Currently at lvl 13 Cleric , and i really hope i wont die again , playing super carefully and stocking up to 30 + good potions before even entering that jabal grotto again :evil:

Cant wait to try out the new update David, sounds good.

i did not even know you could buff your mercanary by feeding it healing and strenght potions, forum helped me there.

Jarl

feldon":g7gxvdun said:
Kudos on the runs. Not sure too many people have made it to the Tower twice on ironman. The grotto death is the one that would have really gotten me. I felt bad enough when the trap was sprung, and I had no recovery left, on normal...

I still miss my D2 Nero with full Trang-ouls set on Hardcore...

First time I did that quest I played on my cleric, which had about 5 intellect. New dialogue opened up and my character was able to sense a trap so luckily didn't get trapped and was still free to explore the grotto :)