Spiritual Ward vs Infantry Training for 1H warrior build.

mentalmen000

I'm pretty sure that a decent number people have experienced being stunlocked to death whether by Mutant Devourers, the Undermother or (though unlikely) Steel Wizards. There are three main ways to prevent such unhumorous tragedies in the game: Spiritual Ward, Infantry Training or armors providing spirit resistance or stun immunity. But as the thread's name implies, we are discussing the first 2. What do you think about those two skills' effectiveness ?

Arcanmaster

Spiritual Ward is just a bonus without guarantee you won't be stuned.
Infantry Training guarantee you won't be stuned and paralisys will be halved. And you will be a bit crit resistance.
You already chose hand weapon so you should take Infantry Training.

VDX_360

Staff member
If you had to choose one:
Max Infantry Training is by far the better choice.

If you are really worried about stun-lock, get both.

Most players skip Spiritual Ward. There's been a few threads discussing the cost-benefits of Spiritual Ward. They come down to this point: Spiritual Ward adds a pretty small amount of protection for its skill point costs.

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Battle Rage is the main way for me. It helped to kill Kalagru without Ark equipment.

Exactly. A Warrior has two Advanced Skill options depending of they're sword & board or not. If you are S&B then Infantry Training, but otherwise Battle Rage. At no point does any Resistance skill become worth investing in, other than for novelty and experimentation.

mentalmen000

Thanks everyone. Your responses have been really helpful. I experimented today with 100+ spirit resistance and still got paralysis lol.