Spirit mechanics with stun immunity

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Just for clarity: With "resistance score" I mean the derived percentages (just as you pointed out above), NOT the bare values displayed in the character sheet.

VDX_360

Staff member
MikeB":2pk8ea5t said:
...If your resistance score is >50%:
What's the mechanic to go from a raw Spirit Resistance value (as seen on screen in the game) to the percent value you use in your post? Is the raw value turned into a Spirit Resistance percentage the same way other elemental resistances are converted from raw values to percentages?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
VDX_360":2d8w3x48 said:
What's the mechanic to go from a raw Spirit Resistance value (as seen on screen in the game) to the percent value you use in your post? Is the raw value turned into a Spirit Resistance percentage the same way other elemental resistances are converted from raw values to percentages?
Yes, exactly like for all other types of resistances. At least this seems to be consistent and is in accordance to what is written in the Wiki.

VDX_360

Staff member
Ok... that makes sense.

So like all other Resistances, one would need:
50 Spirit Raw Resistance to have a 50% Score (1/2)
86 Spirit Raw Resistance to have a 67% Score (2/3)
110 Spirit Raw Resistance to have 75% Score (3/4)
210 Spirit Raw Resistance to have a 100% Score (Full block).

Than focusing on how Spirit Resistance works with Stun Immunity:
1) Player is immune to Stun so no further math.

2) Paralysis, which per the post above, skips the partial resist aspect making it:
a) 50 raw spirit -> 50% Spirit Score -> 50% to avoid, 50% for 1/2 time paralysis
b) 86 raw spirit -> 67% Spirit Score -> 67% to avoid, 33% for 1/2 time paralysis
c) 110 raw spirit -> 75% Spirit Score -> 75% to avoid, 25% for 1/2 time paralysis
d) 210 raw spirit -> 100 Spirit Score -> 100% immunity to paralysis

So bringing the discussion back to the start, with STUN IMMUNITY, one would NOT see a difference in the FREQUENCY OF PARALYSIS, but instead see a reduction in DURATION only.

Thus, one would clearly benefit from having a high Spirit Resistance even with Stun Immunity when facing enemies that paralyzed.

Clear as mud?

If we can get the Developer to confirm the mechanics, it might be worth updating the Wiki with a more user friendly and more readable explanation as it seems a topic even veteran players (like myself) are a bit puzzled by.

Thoughts?

Charles

This whole matter is indeed very confusing and made me rethink what is written down in the Wiki. After digging somewhat deeper in the game files I come to the conclusion that the Wiki is plainly wrong with respect to the mechanics of Stun and Paralysis. Maybe we misunderstood what David told us or it changed over time. Anyway, here's my current understand of how things work:

Stun:

0) With Stun Immunity you always resist the effect.

Otherwise:

1) If your resistance score is >50%:
a) With a chance of (100 - resistance score)% you get fully stunned.
b) With another chance of (100 - resistance score)% you partially resist the effect (i.e. halve the duration).
c) With the remaining chance of (2*resistance score - 100)% you resist the effect.

2) If your resistance score is <=50%:
a) With a chance of (100 - resistance score)% you get fully stunned.
b) With the remaining chance of (resistance score)% you partially resist the effect (i.e. halve the duration).
c) You can never resist the effect.

Examples:
Resistance score of 20% -> 80% stunned / 20% partial resist / 0% resist
Resistance score of 50% -> 50% stunned / 50% partial resist / 0% resist
Resistance score of 80% -> 20% stunned / 20% partial resist / 60% resist
A resistance score of >=100% makes you completely immune.

Paralysis:

1) Without Stun Immunity:
a) With a chance of (100 - resistance score)% you get fully paralyzed.
b) With the remaining chance of (resistance score)% you resist the effect.

2) With Stun Immunity:
a) With a chance of (100 - resistance score)% you get paralyzed half the duration. (Note: Technically, this does not count as partial resist, although the result is the same. Hence, there is no notification in the battle log.)
b) With the remaining chance of (resistance score)% you resist the effect.

Examples:
Resistance score of 20% -> 80% paralyzed / 20% resist
Resistance score of 50% -> 50% paralyzed / 50% resist
Resistance score of 80% -> 20% paralyzed / 80% resist
A resistance score of >=100% makes you completely immune.

Summary:
Stun and Paralysis behave quite differently in some aspects. In particular, there is no such thing as a partial resist for Paralysis. Also, the current mechanics as written in the Wiki seems to be wrong. But before I start to change it, I would like to be sure that what I wrote here isn't complete nonsense. So any confirmation or falsification based of in-game observations is highly welcome.
So if I have 100 resistance am I paralysis free¿

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
So if I have 100 resistance am I paralysis free¿
You have to distinguish between the resistance values shown in your character sheet and the actual resistance (called "resistance score" in the description above) derived from those values. Your are immune to paralysis with a resistance score of 100%, which requires a resistance value of 210 in your character sheet.