Spicing things up

Joe Simon

Hi just looking for some input on anyone that has done this quest, and if they gave the amulet to Fritha or Jethro? Thanks for any input!

Atomos

The following question might solve your moral dillema:

Would you rather help an incompetent, but still honest trader, or a ruthless, but influential one? Some main characters don't worki for free, but for personal gains, other are selfless(or naive), but they don't have it easy in life.

If you have a soft heart, you must also have a tough butt. At least that's what people say in my homeland xD.

Joe Simon

For me it just comes down to, do i want her signature or reputation with the golden hand and access to the grey library?

Zwackley

Loreseeker
Exiled Kingdoms is a game that deals heavily with opportunity costs. Go down path "A" and you get different rewards and consequences than if you go down path "B". But you have to choose one OR the other, not both, as doing one prevents you from doing the other. The game reminds me a lot of the character creation process in Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar. You had to decide between mutually exclusive choices.

VDX_360

Staff member
Joe Simon":t78pzahr said:
Hi just looking for some input on anyone that has done this quest, and if they gave the amulet to Fritha or Jethro? Thanks for any input!

As of the most recent version of the game, the only real impact over the choice is what extra steps, if any, you will have to make to access the library in Freetown. It's possible no matter which choice you make.

If you give the Golden Hand trader the amulet, you get positive rep with the Golden Hand which allows you access to the library. The negative rep with the town is easily offset by other quests and town hall quests.

If you give the amulet to Fritha, the rightful heir, you get negative rep with the Golden Hand, preventing access to the library later in the game. However, you can still access the library by giving more books from the Secrets of the Dead quest to the Golden Hand which allows you to get positive rep later. That will cost you some rep with the Loreseekers.

One of the better solutions is to put off returning the quest until after you access the library. That options requires you giving one book to the Golden Hand. After accessing the library and clearing it out, you can give the amulet to Fritha and the remaining books to the Loreseekers. You will have neg rep with the Golden Hand but won't have need to access the library again anyways. You could always fight to get inside the library. Also you can give one or two more books to the Golden Hand to still have a positive rep with them AND still have a high rep with Loreseekers.

If you don't give Fritha or the Golden Hand the amulet, neither will sign a petition for you later, but there are back up ways to get the petition to sign (Three vs. Eleven quest).

Xen

Loreseeker
Better to choose Jethro because Fritha is bound to Varsilian's tradition and it is insulting that she have doubts about your ability and comparing you to her ancestral beliefs(believing that you can only be similar to your ancestors' career and nothing else, that is crazy if you'll ask me). On the plus side, Jethro is a member of Golden Hand so maybe someday we can have easier access or should I say advance reputation for earlier access to Golden Hand services and trades.

Bottomline is, it's morality calling you what to do and it is up to you if you choose benefits or just being a good person even in games ;)