Speedrunning?

Kamuzh

Hey all, im a big fan of this game! i´ve been playing for some time now, and i was wondering if there is paths posted anywhere or guides to speed running this game.

VDX_360

Staff member
There's a few out there, including this this post showing a pretty insane way to get an ultra low level run.

Which leads to the question: What type of Speed Running are you looking to make? Least amount of in-game days, least amount of total playing time, lowest level, what level of completion of the game (all quests, all secrets, just finish the Ark quest)???? Speed Running can mean so many things.

For most players using a more traditional playing style, the Cleric Class in the Warrior's Guild works well as a speed run. The ability to heal helps reduce inn rests, and that build needs the least amount of skill points to have a viable spread of skills (Might, Heal, Heavy Hand).

If you're willing to abuse map reloading, you can build up a heck a lot of gold and potions at a very low level, as the link above shows. That opes all kinds of weird Just-Run-Past-Everything options.

Kamuzh

actually idk wich category im interested yet. thanks alot! im pretty sure that post will help me out.
oh link is broken or something happened.

VDX_360

Staff member
For a first speed run, I suggest trying an least amount of in-game days to completing the main quest.

Some tips:
1) No Town Hall Quests. Looking for rumors just eats up a lot of in-game time.
2) Avoid unnecessary side quests. Sure, you'll have to knock out some places as part of the level-up process, but there's a ton of sidequests and story arcs that can be skipped.
3) Class: Try the Cleric in the Warrior Guild (Might 1, Heal 3, Heavy Hand 3, Intervention 1, Wisdom) Pretty basic build that can deal damage, can heal, and find those tough secret doors at an early level.
4) Companion: Get Gris when you can, switch to Hirge. Use her as a healer (Heal only active). Having two Clerics turns a lot of mana into HP which gives you a lot of playing time between inn rests.
5) No houses. Using the gold for potions equipment will help you push faster through the game.
6) You need 12 shards. Doesn't matter which ones. Some are a lot easier to get. Go for them.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
actually idk wich category im interested yet. thanks alot! im pretty sure that post will help me out.
oh link is broken or something happened.

A Speedrun Challenge would be fun to add to the 'Ultimate Challenge Compendium'! If you want to create one, I'll add it to the challenge compendium! Might even try it myself, I've never attempted a speedy playthrough!

p4ran0id

Staff member
Well, with minimum days there are not many characters available for that. Mage is impossible, without rest getting the mana back up is kind of hard (very very expensive), for cleric the same. So only warrior or rogue are left.

I would recommend to start with lowest lvl. That's hard enough to solve.

That guy is still legend with his mob control in ark. His build doesn't work anymore, but his playstile is still amazing

VDX_360

Staff member
Cleric's do really well on minimal day speed run. They can use mana to recover HP, and use the alters to recover HP. They can clear lots of places using a 6 hour rest as well.

Trace Da Cruz

Ok, a little question about cleric: level 10 at day 37 is a good time?
I have seen some screenshots were the player is over level 20 about day 60, but is that actually possible?

VDX_360

Staff member
Level 10 @ Day 37 isn't bad. It's not record breaking, but it's not dragging behind too much. You should start to see faster increase in levels as you reach the early teens and can clear out multiple dungeon / quests in a single inn rest.

For a first serious speed run, focus on having a solid build and plugging away at quests with minimal dead time. Let the day count fall where it falls.

SlothPrince

Speed runs are fun. I went through a series of them and fastest I've been able to do so far is 65 days by 6pm. Lowest level run I've been able to get was level 14. Thought I was going to get lvl 13 in but level ups come to quick by end game. Cleric warriors have been the easiest for me but play styles can help. I've done all classes now in under the 180 days challenge. Rogue has been hardest for me.