So... will there be an iOS update for the game?

sthefano

I've been playing Exiled Kingdoms for quite some time now, since 2018 to be precise. Almost all this time on Android.
Last year I bought an iPhone and soon this game again. Today I was looking for maps on the wiki and I noticed that I can't reach the Solliga in the game.

I googled why, and it brought me to this sad post: announcement-for-ios-players-regarding-last-update-1-3.18067

So... will there be an iOS update for the game?
Is anything I can do to help/test? I work with app development and probably I have the right hardware with Xcode up to date.

VDX_360

Staff member
Apple, through its infinite wisdom, has opted not to support numerous tools and software used by small, independent developers. Those include open source code, or highly cost effective programs. That means a lot of third party, independent games, are no longer supported and can't run on Apple devices.

There's no easy fix.

Basically, the entire game would have to be rebuilt from scratch. The graphic package might even have to be reformatted, or redone.

So the developer can either spend the next few years rebuilding a game, or he can spend it working on the next game. The developer chose the latter.

In Apple's defense, Apple claims the more restrictive policies are to address security vulnerabilities and compatibility issues with core Apple processes.

VDX_360

Staff member
Update Thread:

sthefano

Apple, through its infinite wisdom, has opted not to support numerous tools and software used by small, independent developers. Those include open source code, or highly cost effective programs. That means a lot of third party, independent games, are no longer supported and can't run on Apple devices.

There's no easy fix.

Basically, the entire game would have to be rebuilt from scratch. The graphic package might even have to be reformatted, or redone.

So the developer can either spend the next few years rebuilding a game, or he can spend it working on the next game. The developer chose the latter.

In Apple's defense, Apple claims the more restrictive policies are to address security vulnerabilities and compatibility issues with core Apple processes.
Yeah yeah, same infinite wisdom used for limiting tools to force us to use only theirs, to save environment and stop "giving" us phone chargers.

Thanks for your time. I work with Flutter and it keeps up to date to Apple's platforms. Some day I'll problably make my own RPG.