So...I'd like to complain that new stuff is too good?

Dimidium

Streets ahead":2e7hd5sd said:
Setrian":2e7hd5sd said:
What I want to know is when new and better bows will be added? My ranger is feeling awfully left out of this arms race.

Uhh the Jester is one of the most powerful weapons in the game. Do you have it?

I agree completely.

My Adaon uses it and gets 29.9DPS...

scurvynaive

Kody101":wn3u0f5x said:
Im sorry but why oh why do you guys complain im on casual lvl 12 rouge and icicle i find isnt as great at you all say but than again im geared for ranged not close combat and i struggle oh boy do i struggle i did the quest to get icicile and i literally sh*t the bed lol!! Ran into a huge group of those lizard guys and got abosolutly destroyed easy oh no was not an easy quest at all so stop all ure b***hing and enjoy the game im sorry dont mean to sound rude but jesters bow was nerfed when some one complained about it...who cares!!! Honestly.....games hard enough like i still cant do that one tomb with all those wraiths i was demolished!!! But thats what an rpg is about every rpg has to have stacked gear man!!! Legendary gear that every player needs to grind for so if a weapon is strong and you dont like useing a strong weapon(omg whats wrong with you) thab dont use it simple lol

Sorry for your personal difficulty but I picked up icicle with a level 6 rogue in about 5 minutes. Could have done it at level 5 even but 4 might have been pushing my luck.

BTW I am not complaining about new powerful weapons. Of course I want new powerful weapons; it wouldn't be much of an update without sweet gear to acquire but I shouldn't be able to acquire said gear at level 6 or even lower.

IMO it would have been a more appropriate reward for the new wyvern's tale quest which had multiple high level opponents plus puzzle solving all while dealing with a poison cloud covering half the dungeon.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
scurvynaive":1p86d80t said:
Kody101":1p86d80t said:
Im sorry but why oh why do you guys complain im on casual lvl 12 rouge and icicle i find isnt as great at you all say but than again im geared for ranged not close combat and i struggle oh boy do i struggle i did the quest to get icicile and i literally sh*t the bed lol!! Ran into a huge group of those lizard guys and got abosolutly destroyed easy oh no was not an easy quest at all so stop all ure b***hing and enjoy the game im sorry dont mean to sound rude but jesters bow was nerfed when some one complained about it...who cares!!! Honestly.....games hard enough like i still cant do that one tomb with all those wraiths i was demolished!!! But thats what an rpg is about every rpg has to have stacked gear man!!! Legendary gear that every player needs to grind for so if a weapon is strong and you dont like useing a strong weapon(omg whats wrong with you) thab dont use it simple lol

Sorry for your personal difficulty but I picked up icicle with a level 6 rogue in about 5 minutes. Could have done it at level 5 even but 4 might have been pushing my luck.

BTW I am not complaining about new powerful weapons. Of course I want new powerful weapons; it wouldn't be much of an update without sweet gear to acquire but I shouldn't be able to acquire said gear at level 6 or even lower.

IMO it would have been a more appropriate reward for the new wyvern's tale quest which had multiple high level opponents plus puzzle solving all while dealing with a poison cloud covering half the dungeon.

Please PM me your build... a level 5 or 6 rogue should not be able to complete that quest easily. Who was your companion?

vondarkmoore

I personally find the jesters bow to only be powerful on enemies that are lower lvl and do not have high armor. The speed of jesters makes it higher dps, but the low damage (1-1) does not let you punch thru high armor. Also the jester has a low crit %, wich reduces instant kills from massive crits.

My arch uses Vulcan bow or poisonous long bow. They have about the same dps, but the newer poisonous long bow hits a little harder, has more bonus damage, and vicious 1 for finishing off the mob.

As stated on another post, not only dps matters. Dps does not take into account any armor or resists that mobs may or may not have. Harder hitting weapons with slower speeds can actually have better dps on high AC mobs or high resist mobs. Also remember that bonus damage, if used on the wrong mob, will actually heal the mob not hurt it. IE: bonus fire damage on a weapon used on fire imps will do normal damage to the im0, but the bonus fire damage will heal the imp for that amount.

Therefore in the case of my archer, I have 4 bows and 3 light melee weapons in storage, or equipped, for use in different areas.

feldon

Loreseeker
I agree w Kody that the World is a Stage is an easy quest.

Breakdown of quest
In theory, 180 gold is nothing (rum cost) and you can avoid most of the islet if you know where to go (off memory, only 2 groups to deal w). Hardest part would be keeping the NPC alive through the fight.

And I think we can all admit a lvl 5/6 w Icicle is not what David intended.

Setrian

vondarkmoore":30ixdbwe said:
I personally find the jesters bow to only be powerful on enemies that are lower lvl and do not have high armor. The speed of jesters makes it higher dps, but the low damage (1-1) does not let you punch thru high armor. Also the jester has a low crit %, wich reduces instant kills from massive crits.

My arch uses Vulcan bow or poisonous long bow. They have about the same dps, but the newer poisonous long bow hits a little harder, has more bonus damage, and vicious 1 for finishing off the mob.

As stated on another post, not only dps matters. Dps does not take into account any armor or resists that mobs may or may not have. Harder hitting weapons with slower speeds can actually have better dps on high AC mobs or high resist mobs. Also remember that bonus damage, if used on the wrong mob, will actually heal the mob not hurt it. IE: bonus fire damage on a weapon used on fire imps will do normal damage to the im0, but the bonus fire damage will heal the imp for that amount.

Therefore in the case of my archer, I have 4 bows and 3 light melee weapons in storage, or equipped, for use in different areas.

Exactly, we archers are stuck with a very limited array of weapons. My lv 12 archer uses only the poison longbow, jesters bow and vulcan for trolls, all of which can be very underwhelming considering how vulnerable you are 90% of the time.

Streets ahead

Setrian":2pyzk36j said:
vondarkmoore":2pyzk36j said:

Exactly, we archers are stuck with a very limited array of weapons. My lv 12 archer uses only the poison longbow, jesters bow and vulcan for trolls, all of which can be very underwhelming considering how vulnerable you are 90% of the time.

Hmm I don't necessarily agree, but I just thought of a new skill archers could have that would fix this problem. It would work exactly like Duel with stacking damage bonuses on same targets. It could be called splitting the arrow.

Setrian

Streets ahead":37yih4on said:
Hmm I don't necessarily agree, but I just thought of a new skill archers could have that would fix this problem. It would work exactly like Duel with stacking damage bonuses on same targets. It could be called splitting the arrow.

Or maybe an AOE skill of some kind so we can actually survive the hordes of foes prevalent in the game.

ExiledFanKR

Setrian":2ccr2uq2 said:
Streets ahead":2ccr2uq2 said:

Or maybe an AOE skill of some kind so we can actually survive the hordes of foes prevalent in the game.

If Trap was a AOE skill :roll:

Kody101

ExiledFanKR":xhc76g8k said:
Setrian":xhc76g8k said:
Streets ahead":xhc76g8k said:

If Trap was a AOE skill :roll:
yes we need aoe bad! #archers unite!