Sneak Attack

Commiades

If you can get flanking working effectively this skill is really valuable; I've tended to only invest 1 point in it and then not utilise it to its fullest extent. I've tried to flank around a companion tank, but often found I'm running round in circles to little effect:
  1. the target shifts to attacking me and it can be hard to gauge if it's worth working to undo that or just killing it and moving on to the next.
  2. the battlefield is lit up like a Christmas tree with defensive effects around the characters making it hard to determine facing.
Any tips on using Sneak Attack better? How many of you invest more than 1 point in it?

Makrove

If you can get flanking working effectively this skill is really valuable; I've tended to only invest 1 point in it and then not utilise it to its fullest extent. I've tried to flank around a companion tank, but often found I'm running round in circles to little effect:
  1. the target shifts to attacking me and it can be hard to gauge if it's worth working to undo that or just killing it and moving on to the next.
  2. the battlefield is lit up like a Christmas tree with defensive effects around the characters making it hard to determine facing.
Any tips on using Sneak Attack better? How many of you invest more than 1 point in it?
For me 2 at least 3 maybe some much for 30% dmg but still worth till ark in ark area you fight solo alone no companion so it's useless there

Commiades

I've practised using flanking more, and it is very good. I'm actually using it with warriors (just the 25% bonus, but it often confuses the enemy, getting it to alternate its attacks between me and the companion).

Combining it with Stealth is good, but I like to avoid being targeted by the enemy. I want the enemy to attack the companion and then I flank it.

Deleted member 28869

Rogues deal so much damage that it doesn't matter if the enemy is facing you. As long as it targets your companion, the fight is easy

Commiades

But who doesn't want a Stealth Stab with 100% bonus from Sneak Attacks! I think getting the Flanking bonus is well worth it, especially if you've invested points in this skill.

Deleted member 28869

Certainly, it is very tempting, after all, who doesn't want double damage? But I think it is worth it only until level 2, those extra 3 skill points can be used for extra recovery, just in case you mess up. But that's just my opinion, you do what you want.