Side question - bug or... "Last of the Legion" quest

Hellzest

Hello,
I have a question about reputation system linked to the time of quest activation, getting to the point, I took the quest "Last of the Legion" before getting 25 rep with Varannari (I had 10 points of reputation with them). Then I realized that to activate peaceful path I need at least 25 reputation with Varannari. So I did few quests that guaranteed reputation boost to even +27, but then, when I try to go mentioned peaceful path I don't get that extra dialogue line (I have 4 int, 3 personality, 4 endurance etc.), but I can't end up this quest to make Centurion Hyartis and Hunting Moon husband and wife.

So have I already triggered this quest without the peaceful option, because I took it without enough of reputation (is it normal)? Or is it a bug? Or am I missing something else.

p4ran0id

Staff member
If I understand it correctly, you accepted the quest before getting enough reputation for peaceful ending, right?

If so than it's totally normal, this game has no going back, once you choose your path you have to go with it.

Hellzest

Yes, you understood it properly. Then it works exactly as I suspected so - simple mechanism.
As a matter of fact, I wasn't in bad relations before accepting this quest, it was 10 (friendly status) if I remember. I don't kill Varannaries, I was rather neutral with them, not to say I was by their side deeply inside, when talking about freedom and people slavery.

I understand the role of paths taking and consequences - it's one of the best things this type of game can offer.

But again, who would know I need to have 25 rep points before even talking to Centurion?
After all I thought I can progressively boost it while doing that particular quest.

To sum up, I assume the game code should have been more complicated...or simply should be some ingame infos, e.g.: "you must have 25 reputation to end this quest peacefully".

p4ran0id

Staff member
It's kind of normal, you learn from fails. I was lucky, had enough characters to finish that quest with every combination. But I had once same problem, long ago when I was a noob

I answered the dialogue wrong and went the evil path, realized that after I got to ark and realised I had to kill my sister. Was too late to reload or regret. Was my first mage run and I totally wasted it

Hellzest

I played this game couple years ago on android and I was enjoying it so much, that I was taking sick leaves from my job to play it. The game was so fresh and unique for me, similar feeling like with Fallout 2 in childhood.

I reached the Ark (done Sewer of Horrors and almost all the quests except the last general one), but I didn't finish the game, I abandoned it somehow one day. Back then there weren't even these areas of Elder Forest active, so yeah, I'm kinda newbie in this topic.

Now I play Exiled Kingdoms on laptop and I check wiki much more often. Some of the locations (for example Temple of Blood, Forbidden Pit or even Hellish Cave with the entrance from Abbey of Saint Admus) I didn't even know back then. I play again ranged rogue and my character is much better build and prepared for fights and stuff. I think I know what I'm doing in predominant amount of situations.

But even now, this game is still extremely difficult (I play it on the hardest mode as always).
Mentioned Forbidden Pit gave me the little reminder of hard times this game provides in later, end-game situations.
The Sewer of Horrors... that was a hell of a hassle when I played it on my mobile phone. I'm sure there are still few extra areas that are waiting, I haven't visited yet.

I strayed from the subject, I won't read the spoiler you pasted here, until I finish the game myself.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Well if you reached ark it's not really a spoiler, just another way to finish the game

Hellzest

I can't really say which class is better or has more power, because I played only rogue and I simply like this class in this game. When I played few years ago, the mage class was still in development phase, so I didn't even try to play it.
Rogue is actually very potent from what I see, but I read that the mage class is the most efficient in leveling up after you hit 25 level of character.